Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bell Express Vu 9241 Receiver - A Backward Step??

Post Thanks / Like

New Bell Express Vu 9241 Receiver - A Backward Step??

I have a Bell Express Vu 9200 Receiver and when I got my Panasonic HDTV I discovered that my 9200 would NOT work on HDMI on the Pani TV but ONLY on Component Video for the Bell HDTV Signals?? Bell told me that if I paid $599.00 they would Upgrade me?? to a 9241 Receiver which would work off of the HDMI inputs on the Pani TV, BUT the new Bell 9241 Rx cannot be used for 2 TV's as is my present setup!! That is, I currently use my 9200 Rx for My TV in the Bedroom as well as the Main Pani TV in the Living room.

I told the Bell rep over the phone that in my opinion the New 9241 Rx is a step Backwards because it cannot be used for 2 separate TV Sets in different rooms. The Bell Rep said due to problems with 2 TV's with the older 9200 Rx, it is no longer being sold. So then how is the new 9241 Bell Rx an upgrade when it has less capability then the older 9200 RX?? I have been trying to find out if Dishnet is coming up with a new improved 622? HDTV Receiver since I believe ALL of the Bell Receivers are Dishnet Receivers with a Canadian Brandname. Does anyone know if a new 2 - Remote Bell or Dishnet Rx is coming down the road as a true replacement of the 9200 Rx??

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best thing to do if you want a true upgrade is goto
    ebay canada

and search for a Bell 9242.

Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    There should be no logical reason a 9200 should not be able to feed a pana via HDMI, mine does.

There is no PQ difference between HDMI and Component anyway, so Component is still giving you the best PQ you will get from that machine. Bell do offer a "Refurb" 9200, as a replacement for a defective 9200 (Yours is defective, if the HDMI does not work), for $149.

As stated, a true upgrade is to the 9242.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfarst View Post
    There should be no logical reason a 9200 should not be able to feed a pana via HDMI, mine does.

There is no PQ difference between HDMI and Component anyway, so Component is still giving you the best PQ you will get from that machine. Bell do offer a "Refurb" 9200, as a replacement for a defective 9200 (Yours is defective, if the HDMI does not work), for $149.

As stated, a true upgrade is to the 9242.

2 Remotes for 9242 Rx?
    Thanks for the replies & great info. Re the 9200 & HDMI, that's what I was told by the Dealer where I bought the new Pani TV, that, is that some 9200's work with HDMI BUT some do NOT! I happen to have a 3 year old 9200 Rx that does NOT. Defective or not Bell wouldn't replace it due to the 3 years I've had my 9200. Also last year Bell told me there was no guarantee that purchasing another 9200 Rx from them would work with HDMI, which is why they wanted me to upgrade to the 9241 - or mavbe it was a 9242. Strange because when I went to Best Buy to look at the new Bell Receivers the Salesperson said that they only came with One Remote Control for only One TV - not 2 as the ebay add says?? Also in the adds I've seen on all new Bell Rx's up here I haven't seen another new Bell Rx with the 2 Remotes for 2 Rooms. I'll double check this out.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 9241 comes with one remote. The 9242 comes with two remotes.

The 9241 is a bastardized version of Dish's ViP612. Avoid the 9241 at all costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peano View Post
    The 9241 comes with one remote. The 9242 comes with two remotes.

The 9241 is a bastardized version of Dish's ViP612. Avoid the 9241 at all costs.
    Thanks Peano, if I upgrade with Bell I'll definately get the 9242. Do you know if I would need to swap the Smart Card out of the 9200 to the new 9242 with a call into Bell?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast