Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chimney mount question for Dish?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Chimney mount question for Dish?

The installer is comming out on Sunday. Do they have a chimney mount option or is this something I can pick up at a place like Radio shack?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! joedol did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, joedol did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, joedol did! Be COOL like joedol and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may have one but I wouldn't count on it.
    Will he be able to get a good ground with the dish on the chimney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joedol View Post
    He may have one but I wouldn't count on it.
    Will he be able to get a good ground with the dish on the chimney?
    The grounding pole is actually on that side of the house. The D* dish is on the opposite side mounted to my newer roof. D* didn't have one at the time.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a brick chimney? Yes use TAPCON screws right into the brick using the standard mounting foot. ZOf course he will need a hammer drill to drill with.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Is it a brick chimney? Yes use TAPCON screws right into the brick using the standard mounting foot. ZOf course he will need a hammer drill to drill with.
    That's the way mine was installed back in '98.
    Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    my first dish was in an apartment complex. I could not drill into anything so I got chimney mount from radio shack. It had an angled bracket that goes on the corner of the chimney with two straps that went around it. I really liked this mount in fact later when I moved out of the apartment I used it on my parents house.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast