Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Picture keeps freezing up

Post Thanks / Like

Picture keeps freezing up

The picture keeps freezing up on both TV"s. I have a 3rd TV that is hooked up to a 811 receiver and it is fine and is not effected by this problem. I will try to reset the receiver and see if that helps. Beyond that does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SimpleSimon did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SimpleSimon did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SimpleSimon did! Be COOL like SimpleSimon and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a forum search on picture freeze would be appropriate.

Rebooting the box should help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Resetting the receiver did not help. The freeze ups last for 1 to 2 minutes and continually reoccor every 15 to 20 minutes.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SimpleSimon did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SimpleSimon did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SimpleSimon did! Be COOL like SimpleSimon and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll assume you did a soft reboot (holding in the power button for 10 seconds).

Try a hard reboot (pull the power cord for 30 seconds).

What have the other threads on freezes suggested?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did try a hard reboot, it did not work. I didn't think about the soft reboot. I tried that and apparently that did the trick. It has not frozen up since. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am now back to square one. After going this long without a problem, the picture is freezing up again. I was not able to get much help from the searched threads as it mainly was dealing with Directv equipment and about the receivers being defective. I am not sure if that is the case here yet. I am going to call Dish amd see if they can help.