Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to stop unsolicited phone calls from Directv?

Post Thanks / Like

How to stop unsolicited phone calls from Directv?

They keep calling me from 877-203-0461. I did a reverse lookup and found out it's Directv. I tried to find on their website how to opt out of calls but couldn't find out. I'm a D* subscriber. I don't need them bothering me.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    First answer next time they call and ask to be taken off their calling list. If they call you again file a complaint with your state AG. Also the FCC or which ever agency runs the do not call list.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! wildbill129 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, wildbill129 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, wildbill129 did! Be COOL like wildbill129 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or call them and tell them you don't want them calling anymore with special offers...they will stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. That's good advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure your phone number is registered at:
    https://www.donotcall.gov/

Your state may also have a Do Not Call database on which you may register.

If you are or have recently been a customer of DirecTV call them and ask to be put on their Do Not Call List. Keep a record of the date and person who handles your request.

But, also beware...DirecTV is the worst violator in the history of the Do Not Call Program and has received multi-million dollar fines on two occasions.

So, when they do call after you have registered go back to the site I linked and report them.

Post Thanks / Like
    The do not call list is meaningless here. Any company you do business with is allowed to call you.

As already noted the best way to handle this is to politely request that you not be called with offers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast