Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which LCD TV has the best sound quality?

Post Thanks / Like

Which LCD TV has the best sound quality?

All,
    I am looking to buy a 46 inch LCD TV for my family room. I don't want to add external speakers for surround sound and deal with a mess of wires etc. Which TV do you all think has the best sound quality? I checked out the LG LH90 and SONY XBR9 and they both were quite disappointing!

-Hemant

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    The one that is hooked to an external sound system.

Flat panel sound is generally not satisfactory for anything more complex than dialog. Most don't even work well as center channels.

Most modern televisions offer volume controlled RCA outputs so using a simple sub-sat computer speaker system is often a welcome relief from the flat sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would be far more concerned with picture quality when choosing a new HDTV. Of course, that rules out LCD for the most part. You can get some decent wireless surround sound systems.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! tigerfan33 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, tigerfan33 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, tigerfan33 did! Be COOL like tigerfan33 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong reason to buy a hdtv, if you are looking for GREAT sound.

You can add a sub. and soundbar that is simple fix. I have it in a smaller room and works great.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTCT100-Sound-Bar-Subwoofer/dp/B0015HS1HQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264103200&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar with Subwoofer - Black:…@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31OTyg62CqL.@@AMEPARAM@@31OTyg62CqL[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
    Wrong reason to buy a hdtv, if you are looking for GREAT sound.

You can add a sub. and soundbar that is simple fix. I have it in a smaller room and works great.

Amazon.com: Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar with Subwoofer - Black: Electronics

Smart comment! I want to get good picture quality and sound!!
    Why can' t they use BOSE like technology in TVs and provide good sound, why do we have to buy additional equipment just for sound? I think they can solve this problem, but only if customers demand it!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Kevinw did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Kevinw did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Kevinw did! Be COOL like Kevinw and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hvarma2008 View Post
    Smart comment! I want to get good picture quality and sound!!
    Why can' t they use BOSE like technology in TVs and provide good sound, why do we have to buy additional equipment just for sound? I think they can solve this problem, but only if customers demand it!
    Honestly MOST people don't want tvs with audio. They use immersive surround sound systems. MY whole audio system was less expensive than a Bose 123 and sounds much better too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast