Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct will pay my cancellation fee if I quit DISH!

Post Thanks / Like

Direct will pay my cancellation fee if I quit DISH!

That's what the mailer said- three free months of Starz/Showtime, some other discount which I forgot and they'll pay the cancellation penalty, up to $200. Send in the invoice and they will give a visa debit card equal to the penalty for leaving Dish early. Could be good for me as I think my free movie channels is almost up.
    QUestion- does direct have a HD pvr that allows commercial skipping, or do they still only just allow fast forwarding?
    Do they offer ota tuner? If so, is it any good?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm i would call d* just to confirm thats the case with the debit card, as far as your questions go, the HDDVR cannot skip comercials specifically, but it can skip 30sec, slp30sec, or ffd. There is an OTA Tuner built into 1 model of hddvr, but it is an older one, and you may or may not receive it. it all depends on luck and what the tech happens to have on his truck at the given moment of your install and nothing else. You could do 1 of 2 things about ota. 1 (recommended) prior to signing up, in your phone call, make them give you an AM21 for free, (they will mail it to you, techs dont have them) this is basically a usb external tuner that will plug into the dvr (also hd boxes with new software) or option 2. After you sign up, you could request the name of the Home Service Providor local to you, and get a phone number for them. Call in and say hi im mr. dsclark and i just signed up for service, my install is scheduled for xxxxxxx, i was wondering if you had any HR20s in the warehouse, and if you could make sure the tech has one with him if so. Get names, if the local office promises it to you, then refuse the install if the tech doesnt bring it, ask to speak with whoever you talked to that told you about the HR20.

The HR20 is the only receiver that has an OTA turner built in natively.

Good luck
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
    To obtain, something of equal value must first be lost.
    That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
    In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when comcast said something to effect of - we'll buy your dish for $300.
    In the fine print it said $3 off your comcast bill each month for 100 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yorktown View Post
    I remember when comcast said something to effect of - we'll buy your dish for $300.
    In the fine print it said $3 off your comcast bill each month for 100 months.

<chuckles>

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a valid directv will pay your etf up to 200 dollars via pre paid debit card. Which is different then the 100 dollar debit card.

Basically we need a copy of your dish network bill showing your cancelation fee you mail it off to an address ( sorry no online submission for this one ) and we send you a 200 dollar card.
    Which is a different promotion then the advertised promo with the 100 dollar card good for anyone.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stargazer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stargazer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stargazer did! Be COOL like Stargazer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically, you gain $100, not $200 from that deal. If your ETF is over $100 then you are still out of pocket. One could wait until their ETF would end up being $100 or less before switching. I imagine a lot of Dish subscribers will take this deal once they find their bills will be going up.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast