Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using a VIP 722k DVR without subscription?

Post Thanks / Like

Using a VIP 722k DVR without subscription?

Is anyone using a Dish 722k DVR by only recording with the MT2 option "over the air" channels? I've heard that you can set it to record shows manually like a VCR. I would love to see a screen shot or two of what that looks like - or is this an "urban myth"?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    No can do as far as i know.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cditty did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cditty did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cditty did! Be COOL like cditty and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: I am a 360 guy
    No

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish requires some sort of subscription--sat subscription, at the least, I think--or the OTA feature is shut off on its sat boxes. Charlie's logic is that the satellite boxes are for satellite and the OTA is an enhanced feature because sat boxes are very expensive for him to manufacture he would be subsidizing an extremely sophisticated OTA box unless he gets that money back money back sooner with some sort of sat subscription. Charlie would direct you to the DTVPal DVR by Dish Network (for sale at Sears on-line) for your OTA only needs, and it requires no subscription or monthly fees. I'm only giving you Charlie's logic as he presented it on a Charlie Chat some years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure about a Vi722 but I can confirm that you can view and record OTA channels on a HD DVR 942. You must have a active Dish Signal, but no subscription is required. The OTA channels only display Digital Channel in the guide display. And in order to set a timer, a manual timer needs to be created.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can one watch prerecorded shows off a ViP 722 without a subscription? If so, does the box have to hooked up to a dish (pointed to E* sats)? Also, what about watching (via a ViP 722) prerecorded shows you moved to a EHD?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast