Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sprout on Dish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: damon-77_
    Quote Originally Posted by eacalhoun View Post
    Based upon where I live in North Carolina -- along with nearby Georgia and South Carolina -- statewide OTA Public Televisions are probably the easiest to receive, compared to the commercial TV stations broadcasting ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc. Most statewide Public Television networks want to cover the entire state and if there are gaps left by their full-power transmitting stations, they are filled with translators. Again, this is based on my part of the country -- your mileage may vary.
    Terrain has alot to do with reasons people can't get OTA, Not Coverage.
    There are Millions that can't get OTA if they wanted too.
    If you have locals channels on Dish Network, then PBS plays the same programming as Sprout, Where do we all think it came from.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eacalhoun View Post
    Based upon where I live in North Carolina -- along with nearby Georgia and South Carolina -- statewide OTA Public Televisions are probably the easiest to receive, compared to the commercial TV stations broadcasting ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc. Most statewide Public Television networks want to cover the entire state and if there are gaps left by their full-power transmitting stations, they are filled with translators. Again, this is based on my part of the country -- your mileage may vary.

Where I live I am 70+ miles to the transmitters so I don't have an amplified antenna and rotor

up anymore (that looks like a battleship) over my house.I receive all programming by

satellite.

Also I sleep alot better when those 60 m.p.h. winds come through.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JohnL did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JohnL did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JohnL did! Be COOL like JohnL and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi 6.1 View Post
    If you have locals channels on Dish Network, then PBS plays the same programming as Sprout, Where do we all think it came from.
    Hemi,

While that is true most local market HD packs do not include the Local PBS in HD, and no local market packages include the PBS sub-channels.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    Hemi,

While that is true most local market HD packs do not include the Local PBS in HD, and no local market packages include the PBS sub-channels.

John
    So what, Sprout isn't carried in HD anywhere.
    You Have a Much better chance of PBS in HD. And Who cares if Clifford,Sesame Street,Dragon tales,Barney are in HD.

Really Com 'on now.
    And As far as your last Statement, thats totally false, PBS is Available to everyone. Dish Will offer it A la Carte, if you don't have it with your locals
    http://echostaruser.com/pbs.php

I don't Know of any City that doesn't have PBS.
    As far as Subschannels No Provider Carrys all the PBS subschannels.

Last edited by Hemi 6.1; 02-22-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! yaz96 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, yaz96 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, yaz96 did! Be COOL like yaz96 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi 6.1 View Post
    Sorry Hemi, PBS does not play the same programming as Sprout, there is some overlap in shows, yes, but Sprout has different and more shows, and shows kids programming all day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon69 View Post
    A good substitute at this time is channel 169-Nick Jr.
    Not really, that's kind of like saying A&E is a substitute for Discovery, completely different shows/characters/programming.

If you have young kids you'd REALLY understand.
    Last edited by yaz96; 02-22-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    If you have young kids you'd REALLY understand.
    Under 3?
    Bcause I can't Pull my 7 year old off the Disney and Disney XD
    And my 3 year old Loves Nick JR,and Nick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast