Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Card Is Not Inserted Correctly

Post Thanks / Like

Smart Card Is Not Inserted Correctly

OK, I was on here once before about this. About 4 or 5 months ago my vip 622 started giving me the Smart Card not inserted correctlly message. I logged on here and Scott and few others told me to try a pencil eraser, on the gold square and put it back in. I did that and it worked. But now it is doing it again. I tried the eraser trick again, and a dollar bill, but alas nothing. Anyone no any other fancy tricks with card or the slot that might work? It did it Wednesday, and I got it to come back until today again. Now it won't come back. I'm thinking it just is having trouble reading the card. Anything I could do to the slot. Anything I can do if I pull the cover off? It's not working, so I'm game for anything. I have a new receiver coming, but kind of bummed no TV in the living room all weekend.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    try a business card on top of your smart card, sliding both in at the same time to apply more pressure to the contacts.

you may need a new smart card as the card slot would be tough to wear out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the mack View Post
    try a business card on top of your smart card, sliding both in at the same time to apply more pressure to the contacts.

you may need a new smart card as the card slot would be tough to wear out.
    That actually makes sense. I will try that when it craps out again. I just won the lottery on the 15th try of taking it in and out, and it kicked in again. But I'm sure it will bite the dust again. Everybody keep your ideas coming. I want to have lots of options so I can watch TV this weekend.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may need a nrw card reader which means a replacement receiver. Start clearing your hard drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    You may need a nrw card reader which means a replacement receiver. Start clearing your hard drive.
    Already have a replacement coming, but am just trying to limp through the weekend with some TV in the living room, so I don't have to sit in the bedroom.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you sit in the bedroom? It's fairly simple to unhook the bedroom box and move it to the living room. You do, however, have it going again, so you're cool....
    Bobby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast