Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DISH Remote Not Working With TV

Post Thanks / Like

DISH Remote Not Working With TV

I have a Dish receiver model 301-D with a IR 3.2 remote.Recently,it has been acting up.I can go in SAT mode just fine and change channles,etc.The remote addy is 1.Jowever,I can't control the functions(volume and turn on/off) for my Sylvania TV.

This has just started.I use code 569,and it has worked just fine until a few days ago.Now,when it does turn on/off,etc,it is only about 2-3 minutes working for the tv volume,then it just stops working.I have tried just about everything,and yes---I have new batteries installed.What can I do to fix this?If m remote can sometimes recognize my TV,then something is amiss somewhere I think.Maybe something needs adjusting I don't know of.Can you help me get my VOLUME and OFF/ON working again for my TV functions?It's like the code is lost somehow,even a power scan doesn't recogbize 569 anymore and nonne of the others work for me....any help to fix will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks----Randy

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    The remote is getting worn out. Sorry much to do about it but to replace it. To bad you don't live any near me because I have piles of lightly used ones I'd be willing to give you.

Post Thanks / Like
    This remote is a replacement just ordered in Nov 2009,still is kind of new,but oh well.....
    Hey,would you consider mailing me one of your extra remotes if I gave you my mailing address???

Thanks ---Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    only if you pay for the shipping. FYI for what ever reason shipping from here is outrageous. I would not suggest it.

Post Thanks / Like

Order this.................

Quote Originally Posted by soaldude View Post
    I have a Dish receiver model 301-D with a IR 3.2 remote.Recently,it has been acting up.I can go in SAT mode just fine and change channles,etc.The remote addy is 1.Jowever,I can't control the functions(volume and turn on/off) for my Sylvania TV.

This has just started.I use code 569,and it has worked just fine until a few days ago.Now,when it does turn on/off,etc,it is only about 2-3 minutes working for the tv volume,then it just stops working.I have tried just about everything,and yes---I have new batteries installed.What can I do to fix this?If m remote can sometimes recognize my TV,then something is amiss somewhere I think.Maybe something needs adjusting I don't know of.Can you help me get my VOLUME and OFF/ON working again for my TV functions?It's like the code is lost somehow,even a power scan doesn't recogbize 569 anymore and nonne of the others work for me....any help to fix will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks----Randy
    It is the best remote you will ever own.

Amazon.com: One For All URC 10820 10 Device Learning Universal Remote Control:…@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HVNJ161YL.@@AMEPARAM@@41HVNJ161YL

Post Thanks / Like

TV

Some of the newer tv's can block the IR signal once they are warmed up. An ir to uhf unit from dish will most likely solve the problem. I don't think it is your remote or it would not work at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast