Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Close captioning - not working??

Post Thanks / Like

Close captioning - not working??

I just upgraded my 625 receiver to a 722k and now I can't get the CC to work. This is a Visio LCD tv and I was using its own remote to turn on/off the CC. Some functions like volume still work with the Vizio remote but not the CC. The only other change that was made was connecting the TV to the receiver via HDMI. Is there anyway to activate Close Captioning via the DISH menu and/or remote?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like

You have to use the CC from sat

Quote Originally Posted by netdecal View Post
    I just upgraded my 625 receiver to a 722k and now I can't get the CC to work. This is a Visio LCD tv and I was using its own remote to turn on/off the CC. Some functions like volume still work with the Vizio remote but not the CC. The only other change that was made was connecting the TV to the receiver via HDMI. Is there anyway to activate Close Captioning via the DISH menu and/or remote?
    You can't use the CC on the TV you have to set it so that the CC is done on the 722k. Menu 8-7-1

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen the same problem with a 612 and a Vizio. Muting the TV doesn't turn on CC. I am forced to fiddle around either in the 612 menu or the Vizio menu. The Vizio has something like 8 different CC modes, most of which do nothing. Some turn it on permanently, but then an equal amount of fumbling through the menu system again is necessary to turn it off. This is utterly lame and a giant step backwards IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was disappointed in CC 3 years ago when I changed from 625s to 622s. For some reason CC and HD don't play nice together so the sat and cable providers must provide the CC signal. Having to push 11 buttons just to turn it on and off got old. I now have it set up for one button on my Harmony One.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read somewhere that CC does not play nice with HDMI connections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell, CC doesn't play nice at all! It always screws up and plus sometimes is WRONG!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast