Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning into Dish Network Channels without a box?

Post Thanks / Like

Tuning into Dish Network Channels without a box?

The claim:
    My mother has an analog television connected not to a Dish Network receiver, but "just to a cable from the wall". A DVD player is also connected. No Dish Network peripherals in sight.

She claims, that as long as she uses the Dish Network remote, she is able to access her Dish Network channels, as well as the Dish Network interface elements (channel info, guide, Dish Network logo, etc.).

I've not looked at this setup, but it sounds extremely, extremely unlikely.

Is this possible in any way whatsoever? Is there some kind of discreet Dish Network receiver box that she's failed to spot? Her DVD player has a digital tuner - could she be tuning into her Dish channels that way while mistaking its guide for the Dish Network one? Is that even possible?

Is there some kind of... magic remote tuner?

I'm sorry if this all sounds completely stupid, but she's adamant that it works, and I'd like to know how.

Thanks.

-JSS

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! aaronwt6 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, aaronwt6 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, aaronwt6 did! Be COOL like aaronwt6 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely she has a dual tuner receiver. You have the box in one room and it works two tvs independently. The 2nd room only requires a UHF remote that shoots through the walls to work the box in the other room.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep its gotta be a dual tuner receiver
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    yep its gotta be a dual tuner receiver
    Or something like a 4900, which is an SD receiver w/UHF remote. I still have one of these in the closet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume she is paying Dish Network every month? Or is she claiming to "just get Dish Network"?

Post Thanks / Like
    OR...if it is a multi-dwelling...High Rise apartments building, or something like that, in which case it could be modulated out-put...a commercial type setup. There could there a room with multiple receivers connected to modulators.

Or it could be a dual tuner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast