Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish DP811 code for my Hitachi TV

Post Thanks / Like

Question Dish DP811 code for my Hitachi TV

I cannot find out if the DP811 has a different code to use on my Hitachi tv. I try to prog it in with the 03 provided in the Hitachi setup book...but it won't work.. I have had the Dish for 5 days now and already the remote quit on me and if I can prog it into my Hitachi remote.. I won't have to worry as everything else is working on the tv remote... Did I go from "bad" Directv to "worse" Dish, when I changed???? Thank you for any help you can provide...and should I just go buy a universal remote... if so.. which one???
    Thanks again

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Foxbat did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Foxbat did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Foxbat did! Be COOL like Foxbat and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to say it, but the 811's remote is a step backwards ergonomically (IMHO) as it just doesn't let you use it with one hand. The grey button remotes from the original x000 receivers fit my hand nicely. I don't know why Dish decided to use the Platinum remote with all the DVR buttons for the 811. Plus, the 811's remote has a code for my Toshiba 34HF81, but it has about a 33% success ratio (I have to press the remote's volume, TV channel, TV Input, etc., about three or four times before the TV gets the command). I've tried the other Toshiba codes, but this one works the best.

One the other hand, the remote that came with the Tosh controls the 811 very nicely, thank you very much. I use that 90% of the time, but of course, it doesn't map useful buttons like the aspect format controls.

Too bad the Harmony remotes are $150+...

Back to your problem: Have you tried the "Scan for Device Codes" procedure on page 66 of the 811 Manual? You might luck into something that works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thank you for the info... I'm about ready too go back to Directv...Never had much of a prob with them until they lost a payment for the football this year.. that wizzed me off.. and I cancelled .. and besides... I thought to myself..... Dish has HD.... wellllll needless to say, the HD is 4 lousy channels and I was told anything showing HD on tv would be HD for me using Dish.... seems... I jumped the gun!!!! One more time I might add LOL
    Right now I have to wait for the "new" remote from Dish... they have to send me a new one.... already... and I'm only 6 days into the "fun" of having Dish Net lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The lack of content is a concern for now...but I get more than 4 channels...I get 8 plus my OTA's...even if you don't get HBO or SHO or CBS you should have 6 channels.

And Roland, even Gary agrees the E* remotes are something they did right. Perhaps you remember my submarine (Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin thread on DBST?)

Brenkw, Welcome to SatelliteGuys, For My Hitachi LCD I had to do the code scan procedure, start at the back and work forward, mine was like 3rd to last code. This is posted on the web, in the manual, and in several threads of this forum. (Use search button to find)...If you still have issues with the remote let me know....if you still want to whine about going back to Direct....the rest of us don't care. If you need help I'll do my best, if your just looking to vent call 1-800-333-3474 and have at it...hopefully you don't have a contractual obligation.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for trying to be funny... guess this isn't the place for me... Thanks... Didn't know everything HAD to be serious on here..... Enjoy... Merry Christmas Scrooge!!!!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Neutron did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Neutron did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Neutron did! Be COOL like Neutron and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brenkw,

Calm down buddy. Things happen. It's part of human nature. BTW, welcome to Satelliteguys!!
    Click here if you have benefited from satelliteguys.us
    Always here to help! Please feel free to contact me.
    Jason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast