Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBNO

Post Thanks / Like

EBNO

I found this piece about EBNO it's kinda interesting.

Ebno readings can commonly read from minus 3 (no signal) to plus 24 which you are unlikely to see unless you have a 30 foot dish. while a stronger signal usually means a better ebno, you can have a lower ebno due to noise/interference, signal overload/distortion etc.riding on top of that signal. as you mentioned they are the measure of signal to noise ratio so it's basically a measure of the signal strength in decibels versus the background noise level in decibels, with the added variation of actually measuring the decoded bits of data to determine if there's errors in the datastream. 6.9 would be a recommended minimum although you probably wouldn't notice any degradation in the picture til you got down to about plus 3. error correction in the receiver is filling in bad bits of data with previous good data so that you don't hear pops or see those pixel squares breaking out on the screen. between 3 and 6.9 you could consider the signal to be error correcting often and above 6.9 it would be only a few errors per hour or less.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! eurosport did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, eurosport did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, eurosport did! Be COOL like eurosport and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tvropro View Post
    Ebno readings can commonly read from minus 3 (no signal) to plus 24 which you are unlikely to see unless you have a 30 foot dish.
    Uh oh.... I see somebody who's gonna try and peak a 12 footer past 15 now!

Planet X -my new station, coming soon to an interweb near YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I was thinking too
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Time for Ice to get a 30 foot dish. I think Charter has some decommissioned dishes they no longer need. I can make some phone calls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eurosport84 View Post
    Uh oh.... I see somebody who's gonna try and peak a 12 footer past 15 now!
    I never seen over 15 maybe that's as high as the 4DTV registers. My dream is to have a antenna farm on some land with plenty of dishes and antenna towers. A nice 5 meter on that farm would be nice. Then the 12 foot would be a baby.

Post Thanks / Like
    > My dream is to have a antenna farm on some land with plenty of dishes and antenna towers.

I here land is cheap in Nebraska.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast