Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Can old Dish LNB work for FTA?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Can old Dish LNB work for FTA?

I inherited an old DN dish/LNB (214-5100-400) and wondered if it would work w/ common FTA receiver. I can't seem to find info on it - like its LO (or ANY spec's, for that matter).

Stupid question, perhaps, but I DID TRY to find something out by the usual (suspects) means.

I'm guessing this is a pretty quick and painless "off the top" sort of thing for some kind soul out there?

Please, thanks, and whatever else

MtDo

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    It will work with a FTA receiver, but the Dish Network LNBFs will only receive circular signals (as that is what Dish and other DBS providers use). Most FTA on other satellites is linear, and there is very little (next to nothing now) in the clear on any circular satellites.
    Current systems: 3X GEOSATpro microHD PVRs; Digitrans DTE-7150 DVB/Digicipher II; SiliconDust HDHomeRun ATSC/QAM networked tuners; fixed 1 meter Channel Master dish with Eagle Aspen P870 FSS stacked Ku LNB; 2X 3ABN 36" dishes with Sadoun KBSL1 stacked Ku LNBFs on Powermax SG-9120B H-H motors; fixed Sadoun SD180G 1.8 meter dish with Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked C LNBF; Winegard Square Shooter OTA DTV antenna