Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DirecTv Transponder Problems

Post Thanks / Like

DirecTv Transponder Problems

I hope someone can help me! My satellite began experiencing problems that appeared to be rain fade for brief periods awhile back, even though it was a perfectly clear day. Eventually, I was not able to get any programming. The high, even number transponders (28, 30, 32) showed a signal in the low 90's. I found a bad coax in the system, replaced and still the same. Everyone told me it was an aiming problem - so I bought a satellite finder at radio shack and "fine tuned" the dish. Same problem. I changed the LNB with my father in laws - same problem. I took my receiver to his house - same problem. I brought his receiver to my house - same problem. I had Directv send a new receiver - same problem. Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Neutron did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Neutron did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Neutron did! Be COOL like Neutron and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

Do you have a multiswitch? If so have you changed out your multiswitch?
    Click here if you have benefited from satelliteguys.us
    Always here to help! Please feel free to contact me.
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the welcome. No, I do not have a multiswitch. I thought maybe the second (used) LNB might also be bad, but my receiver did not work at his house, nor his receiver at my house. I don't know what else to check or do.

Post Thanks / Like
    you have multiple problems, and why are you only checking the high end even transponders? check 3 and 8 what do you have? what make of reciever ? how long has system been active? where are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked ALL of the transponders. Everything except 28, 30 & 32 is zero signal. The new receiver is a D10. I have had this service for about 4 years. I am just outside of Kansas City, MO. As I mentioned, my old receiver doesn't work at my fathers house, and his receiver does not work at mine house. That is what has me puzzled.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has your dish been moved for any reason, it sounds like you are not aimed at the 101 satellite?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast