Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
FTA dish + DirecTV Receiver to get SBTN ?
Can your guys help me ? I am a rookie in this area !
I currently use a 30" (76cm) WineGard dish and a SamSung DSR 3700 receiver to watch FTA program in Telstar 5 (97W).
I also has a DirecTV receiver DSX 5350 from Phillips (I were a DirecTV subs, until 2 years ago, when I decided to switch to FTA).
Now my question is:
1) DirecTV offers SBTN (international language) program, which transmit from the Galaxy 3C in 95W.
2) I only want to subscibe to DirecTV Basic program (9.99$ basic fee + 14.99$ SBTN fee = 25$ total cost). And I don't need any other programs (like Total Choice, Preferred Choice, local, ...) at all (ie. I don't need 101, 119, ...).
3) Can I use the current 30" FTA disk + its LNB + the Phillips DSX5350 to get the SBTN channel (2072) ?
I tried to do these things this afternoon:
1) My zip code is 85225 => Azimuth = 151 (ie. compass = 139) and Elevation = 47
2) On the Phillips receiver, installation screen, I pick transponder 15 (this is what LyngSat says reserved for SBTN).
3) I adjust the dish azimuth & elevation a lot, but signal strength is always zero !!
Do anybody know what I am wrong ?
Can mix and match (use FTA dish/LNB + DirecTV receiver) like what I did will work ?
What I suspect is that SBTN on transponder 15 is Hor. polarization, but the DirecTV receiver (which always works in LHCP or RHCP) does know about this. So the voltage (13/18V) it sends out to the LNB is incorrect, and therefore no signal at all ??
Hope your guys can help me. Thanks a lot !
12-22-2004 11:41 PM
The dish & LNB would work.....The receiver is an other story. Some receivers won't acknowledge the new satellite on 95 (older receivers only recognize 101, 119, 110).
You might want to ask the question uin the DirecTv area here..someone might be in the same boat
New basic receiver are cheap. If you know the model number that will work then Ebay might be the way to go? I bet DTV will give you some kind of credit if you are with them for X amount of time.
Originally Posted by xrf1
closed thread...OP asked it in DirecTv area
Tags for this Thread