Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Direct TV Whole House DVR issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Direct TV Whole House DVR issue.

I have had nothing but issues with the whole house DVR, the non DVR receivers keep loosing connection to the DVR. I already had 3 different Direct tv techs come out and try to fix this issue, the last direct tv tech re-installed the entire system, and the whole house DVR still doesn't work, I have a tech coming out this Saturday to try again.

Any Ideas for me to ask the tech??

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the model numbers of all receivers? There may be a bad DECA module.
    HR23-700, HR24-500/AM21, Samsung UN46C6500

Post Thanks / Like
    When you mention receivers=more than one receiver loosing communication with the main DVR tells me that the reason would be in the main source(Cabling,connectors,swim8 switch?) of the DVR. So yes it could be the DECA or even the receiver itself. Now the installer said he did a complete reinstall which goes as far as whatever he did.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! iceturkee did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, iceturkee did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, iceturkee did! Be COOL like iceturkee and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you have broadband deca? if you don't. that could be the problem. i learned this sunday night. a tech is suppose to come over and re install using the broadband deca and not the power adapter.
    Cincinnati Reds 2012 National League Central Division Champs