Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DirecTV Problems in Cold Weather

Post Thanks / Like

DirecTV Problems in Cold Weather

I live in NJ and it's been pretty cold lately (15- 25 degrees). A few times last week, I lost the satellite for an entire night. Once I lost it well into the next morning. Tonight, the temp has dropped into the low 20's and the picture has started to pixulate (is that the right word?). The picture is breaking up into small boxes.

I called D-TV and they told me to see if there is any snow or ice in the dish. I did and it is clear. They also thought there maybe some water/ice in the LNBs. Is this possible? I would think an outdoor device would be made water tight. Since I can not get to the dish (roof is too steep), I may have to call for service.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm in NJ too and haven't noticed anything bad. Same great picture. ALthough the ice/water in the LNB/connections is most likely the culprit. Or perhaps the dish moved a bit with the rainy windy weather? It sucks that they would have to send someone out for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    When the integrated 18x20 triple LNB dishes first came out they were all defective. The defect only showed up when the temperature dropped to below 20 degrees F and when you had more than three or more receivers connected to the dish.

It took several months to determine what was wrong. So if you have an 18x20 dish it might need a new (revA) triple LNB upgrade.

-Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jskip
    I live in NJ and it's been pretty cold lately (15- 25 degrees). A few times last week, I lost the satellite for an entire night. Once I lost it well into the next morning. Tonight, the temp has dropped into the low 20's and the picture has started to pixulate (is that the right word?). The picture is breaking up into small boxes.

I called D-TV and they told me to see if there is any snow or ice in the dish. I did and it is clear. They also thought there maybe some water/ice in the LNBs. Is this possible? I would think an outdoor device would be made water tight. Since I can not get to the dish (roof is too steep), I may have to call for service.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
    South Jersey here, just outside phila.
    no problems here at all

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Neutron did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Neutron did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Neutron did! Be COOL like Neutron and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Southern Indiana here. It's been in the upper single digits to low teens the past few evenings and mine has worked flawlessly.
    Click here if you have benefited from satelliteguys.us
    Always here to help! Please feel free to contact me.
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses. I remembered I purchased a 5 year extended warranty for the dish and three receivers (I don't normally do that).

Anyway if there is a problem, and there must be, it will be free.

It's a bit warmer tonight and so far so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast