Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving a 722 reciever

Post Thanks / Like

Moving a 722 reciever

I would like to move my 722 reciever from tv1 to tv2. the system works ok now I just want move the reciever from my bedroom (tv1) to my living room (tv2). I called Dish and they want 90 dollars to do this. Can I just move the reciever or what.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need a coax from the satellite dish to the TV2 location. If there is one already there you can easily move the 722 yourself. Otherwise you need one installed.
    Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cable comming into tv2 but don't know if it's connected to the satellite dish

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your current TV2 cable is connected to the back of the satellite receiver not the dish. If you don't know what you are doing that $90 might be a lot cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the cables go to the dish directly, or do you have a patch/smart panel somewhere?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can get a 3db barrel connector and connect cable from sat to cable going to TV2 (if it is a direct from receiver pass). Then connect to receiver separator. However, if you want to hook to a different TV2, you would need to run another cable to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast