Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offline satellite internet downloading

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Babadem did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Babadem did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Babadem did! Be COOL like Babadem and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Offline satellite internet downloading

How can one use the DVBWorld USB 2104D to legally grab goodies off data transponders on Satellites. What programs can be used grab these files and what satellites can one find interesting stuff? I'm new at this so all your explanations and help will be appreciated.

AZBox Me, MicroHD, and OpenBox S10 HD PVR Receiver. DG-380 Motor (37.6W to 125.0W), on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0W. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 43.1W to 107.3W.

DishPointer

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/index.php

Magnetic Declination Calculator

SatStar_Old Lyngsat Maps

VLC Player Tutorial

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Babadem did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Babadem did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Babadem did! Be COOL like Babadem and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, no one has any input on this topic?
    AZBox Me, MicroHD, and OpenBox S10 HD PVR Receiver. DG-380 Motor (37.6W to 125.0W), on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0W. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 43.1W to 107.3W.

DishPointer

SatStar_Old Lyngsat Maps

VLC Player Tutorial

qwert1515 is online now SatelliteGuys TheList
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    The highlighted word legally is the reason you probably will not get any responses.
    In Europe there are many legal data service, but that is not the case in North America.
    It is not considered legal to capture others internet traffic, and most data services are not meant for us, some use proprietary systems.

The only one I can think of that is legal to receive is NOAAPORT,
    which requires a large C-Band dish and I believe that the capture software only runs on Linux.
    Last edited by qwert1515; 07-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with qwert1515. Truthfully, I am afraid to touch the subject, mostly because I don't know the relevant laws. Being two way communications, observing such data seems somewhat similar to a wiretap, and my initial impression would be that it is not legal to do so.

In the interests of freedom and the potential technical discussion, however, I'd be very pleased to learn my impression is incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qwert1515 View Post
    The highlighted word legally is the reason you probably will not get any responses.
    In Europe there are many legal data service, but that is not the case in North America.
    It is not considered legal to capture others internet traffic, and most data services are not meant for us, some use proprietary systems.

The only one I can think of that is legal to receive is NOAAPORT,
    which requires a large C-Band dish and I believe that the capture software only runs on Linux.
    Thanks, Qwert1515 for the explanations.

DishPointer

SatStar_Old Lyngsat Maps

VLC Player Tutorial

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USDownlink View Post
    Agreed with qwert1515. Truthfully, I am afraid to touch the subject, mostly because I don't know the relevant laws. Being two way communications, observing such data seems somewhat similar to a wiretap, and my initial impression would be that it is not legal to do so.

In the interests of freedom and the potential technical discussion, however, I'd be very pleased to learn my impression is incorrect.
    Good to be on the side of caution.

DishPointer

SatStar_Old Lyngsat Maps

VLC Player Tutorial

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast