Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaing soild dish?

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaing soild dish?

I was needing to clean a fiberclass bud and ku dish. I was wanting to make sure I didn't try to clean them with anything that would harm the surface. I was thinking of soap(dish washing liquid) and water. Any advice on the do's don'ts of cleaning a dish would be appericated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fiberglass clean

Quote Originally Posted by CFreak View Post
    I was needing to clean a fiberclass bud and ku dish. I was wanting to make sure I didn't try to clean them with anything that would harm the surface. I was thinking of soap(dish washing liquid) and water. Any advice on the do's don'ts of cleaning a dish would be appericated.
    I think you thinked ok, soap 'n water, and a scrub brush...

Do not paint over dish!!! Use a car wax, buff it, then remove all wax; and shine...

Oils can harm fiberous material, probably do not use gas or oil based cleaners. Sunlight harms plastics, so the wax and shine should help.
    25+_ year Satellite Industry vet; watchin I can or want free tv like it used to be; now a Foreign War
    8' wilson tan w/o decl. Bolt; 741u; 4DTV 922 w corotor Ii+; 36" glorystar HDVR1200 with usbi, microHD; 6' WSI w/ no mount; my big dish is in your home RICH

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! chapelrun did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, chapelrun did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, chapelrun did! Be COOL like chapelrun and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Bleach and Hot Water

I got a free 8 foot Channel Master that was very dirty and stained. I used Hot Water with some Bleach and it came out almost completely white.

The dish is fiberglass and it did not hurt the dish at all.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think of bleach. I may do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a scrub pad with a slid out handle to clean my 8 foot solid dish and cleaner in bucket of water. My dish had years of pecan tree sap built up.
    Look like a new dish! I will paint the Button Hook and all metal with cans of black spray paint and replace all bolts and nut with new ones. I have been using my dish since 1986!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've cleaned my solid dishes with that car wash soap and warm water. Neighbor thinks I'm nuts
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast