Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow and DIRECTV

Post Thanks / Like

Snow and DIRECTV

Everytime it snows I loose signal and have to go out and brush the snow off. Anyone know of a remedey for this annoying problem?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard by spraying WD40 on the dish it prevents the snow from sticking. I have also heard using "Pam" but in recent posts, its not recommended due to attracting bugs during the summer months. Anyone else out there have any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by chewy
    Everytime it snows I loose signal and have to go out and brush the snow off. Anyone know of a remedey for this annoying problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    STOP PRESS............. I just got a tip for Ice and Snow but I have not got round to trying it yet. Cut an onion in half and rub it gently all over the dish reflector, seemingly the sulfuric compounds coat the "dish" and prevents ice and snow from sticking, use the other half for your car windshields same deal stops the ice from forming : )

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mattb did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mattb did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mattb did! Be COOL like mattb and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB
    STOP PRESS............. I just got a tip for Ice and Snow but I have not got round to trying it yet. Cut an onion in half and rub it gently all over the dish reflector, seemingly the sulfuric compounds coat the "dish" and prevents ice and snow from sticking, use the other half for your car windshields same deal stops the ice from forming : )
    Ohh and will make anything that comes near your dish and tries to tamper with it eyes water :-)

Post Thanks / Like

use Tobacco

I have used tobacco leaves on my windshields for preventing water to stick to my wndshields. I guess that may be worth trying on the dish also

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ShadowEKU did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ShadowEKU did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ShadowEKU did! Be COOL like ShadowEKU and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Shadow_CVL
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB
    and in the summer you cant find that horrible smell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast