Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV from Costco

Post Thanks / Like

Direct TV from Costco

Has anyone signed up through Costco for there service. They seem to talk a good line and I really like the offer of the $180.00 Costco Card.

Dish 1997 - 2012 - HD Platinum Pack - VIP 622 - VIP 722k
    Direct TV 2012
    Samsung FP-T 5084 - Samsung BD-UP 5000 - Onkyo 606 - Polk Monitor 50 - Polk Monitor 30

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I did on Saturday(7/31) and got what I think to be a great deal: 2 HD DVR's (the first one free, the second was only $70.98 (as opposed to $99 on D* website!), and 1 standard HD receiver for $84.99 (again cheaper than the D* website), $180 Costco Cash back, and the best part: Choice Ultimate with FREE hd for life (as long as I signed up for auto bill pay)! It even showed up on my confirmation email from Directv later than day. Ordering through the D* website you have to subscribe to Premier to get free hd for life. Total cost for equipment: $198.16 (incl. tax and the $25 internet conx fee), monthly charge for the first 12 mos. :$59.99. Monthly charge for the last 12 months: $88.99. Installation is setup for Wed. night, we'll see how it goes. I'll post an update once they leave...

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike75 View Post
    I did on Saturday(7/31) and got what I think to be a great deal: 2 HD DVR's (the first one free, the second was only $70.98 (as opposed to $99 on D* website!), and 1 standard HD receiver for $84.99 (again cheaper than the D* website), $180 Costco Cash back, and the best part: Choice Ultimate with FREE hd for life (as long as I signed up for auto bill pay)! It even showed up on my confirmation email from Directv later than day. Ordering through the D* website you have to subscribe to Premier to get free hd for life. Total cost for equipment: $198.16 (incl. tax and the $25 internet conx fee), monthly charge for the first 12 mos. :$59.99. Monthly charge for the last 12 months: $88.99. Installation is setup for Wed. night, we'll see how it goes. I'll post an update once they leave...
    D* DVR's are $ 199 and HD recvrs are $ 99 normally on the website.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    D* DVR's are $ 199 and HD recvrs are $ 99 normally on the website.
    That's true, although the D* website gives you $100 off the 2nd HD DVR. I just loaded up a "mirrored" cart of what I ordered on Saturday and the price (pre-tax) was $223. I would be paying about another $14 in taxes, so my "out-the-door" price on the D* website is about $237. So I saved about $40. The better thing, I think, is the free HD for life. I just checked the D* website again and it is only available with Premier, whereas I was able to get it by just going with Ultimate. I originally wanted Choice Plus, but was told by the salesperson at Costco I needed at least Ultimate for the free hd. Like I said in my earlier post, though, we'll see how it goes with the install and activation tomorrow night.....

Post Thanks / Like
    BigMike75 -

Did you sign up at a store or online? Or over the phone?

I signed up yesterday online, via the costco website. It sent me over to the directv site, with a costco banner on top, to complete my order. Prices are the same as just going through Directv normally, as far as I can tell. And I got no indication that my purchase was registered for the costco cash card deal.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I feel I may need to cancel and reorder but I don't know.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did it in store as I have read (and can confirm) that you get better deals that way. The installer is here as I type this putting up the dish. I am only slightly bummed in that I got the HR22-100 HD dvr's, though, but I guess that's not that big of a deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast