Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel change from another room possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Channel change from another room possible?

I am currently a Dish customer, but am disenchanted and contemplating the switch. The only thing I truly like is the ability to change the channel of the receiver that is ran to two tvs, with HD mirrored off the HDMI and component, from a different room using RF.

From all that I have gathered, the DTV receivers use IR. Is there any way to change the channel from another room using a remote eye or different method ?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    You can change the directv remote to RF, or you could use an IR remote transmitter.

Post Thanks / Like
    All HD DVR's come standard with RF remotes that just need to be enabled in RF mode.

All HD receviers & SD DVR's have RF capability, but only come with IR remotes; you can buy RF remotes for about $20-$25.

The SD receivers are IR only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, sounds like that may be the driving force behind the change!

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that might be different. I think the dish receivers can output two different shows at the same time to two different tv sets? Directv only outputs one.

One other thing you can do is that if you have an HD DVR and an HD receiver, the stuff recorded on the HD DVR can be streamed to the HD receiver and watched locally. Then you can watch separate stuff on each tv. If you opt for this setup, you'll also be more likely to get the very latest directv receivers/dvr's instead of an older model.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know I could use my present remote for RF. I just enabled it for RF and have a HR22. It worked great but I don't see any place for an RF antenna, but it doesn't seem to affect it. Works great without an antenna.

lem52

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast