Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolsat 8000 and the S2 channels

Post Thanks / Like

Coolsat 8000 and the S2 channels

Today I realigned my FTA dish and got great results on all the satellites. Most of the quality signals are between 95 to 99%.
    I am having trouble getting the DVB-S2 frequencies to come in. For example, while on G14 (125W) I can successfully scan in all the PBS channels, including the HD channels.
    When I program the CS 8000 to scan the S2 frequencies, no luck. I don't even get the quality signal at all. I used the info that The List offers. No dice.
    I thought the CS 8000 does the S2 as well.
    What am I doing wrong?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stanleyjohn did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stanleyjohn did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stanleyjohn did! Be COOL like stanleyjohn and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too also had problems getting S2 when i first put up my 6 ft setup.I dont if this is the case with the larger dishes but you need to be aimed just about exactly on the center of the satellite you want to get s2 from.I first thought i had the dish set up just about perfect!Was getting great c and ku quality on all sats that i could get but then realized i wasnt getting any S2.My first s2 lock finnally came in when i saw a small blimp of Q activeity on the PBS s2 TP.Went outside to the bottom of dish and slightly tuged and pushed on the dish and My Q jumped from around 7 to 60.So for me it was a very slight adjustment that was needed on the dish elevation.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! brentb636 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, brentb636 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, brentb636 did! Be COOL like brentb636 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stanley said it well. DVB-S2 is much more difficult to acquire. It takes a more finely tuned dish.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brentb636 View Post
    It takes a more finely tuned dish.
    and if using a smaller dish you might need a bigger one. I know when I aim at 125W LPB on the 30" was iffy but the 36" it works most of the time
    (the 1.2m it worked all the time)
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! eurosport did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, eurosport did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, eurosport did! Be COOL like eurosport and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a Coolsat 8000. My dish for 125w is a Channel Master/Primestar 1.2 meter. I get OETA and LPB with quality between 60-85%. I recommend a 1.0 or 1.2 for reliable S2 reception on Ku. I have a 1.0m Primestar on 103w that does good with the NBC S2 feeds there. As others have said, careful, precise tuning is a must. That 1.2 was a bear to dial in on LPB, but once it was spot-on, the results were well worth it!

Planet X -my new station, coming soon to an interweb near YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the Primestar 1.2 as well.
    Well, I will wait until I get a C/Ku lnbf for my 8 foot dish and hook the Coolsat receiver to it. Maybe then I will get the S2 channels.
    I have been thinking about getting me a Azbox Ultra receiver that will scan in those channels.
    Thanks for your replies, guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast