Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network and Rain!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cditty did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cditty did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cditty did! Be COOL like cditty and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: I am a 360 guy
    Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    One thing to note. Usually rain, in itself does NOT cause signal loss. It is almost always the thickness of the clouds to the south that makes the difference.
    Here is alabama we get rained on often, but very rarely get loss of signal, and my strengths are low (on purpose). we don't lose the signal because the rain is VERY localized. I've seen it where it was pouring on my backyard but not on my across the street neighbor.
    In the past, if rain caused my signal to go out, I always found that there was a poor connection that was letting water in. I would go through the cables and find a connector at the grounding block, or some where, that wasn't tight.
    I would use some stuff called Sat Seal on all the connections and that would take care of the rain issue. (one time i did it during the storm, NOT recommended!!!)
    Good points. Hopefully, he scheduled a truck roll. They should fix any bad ends on that too... And then, I would go back and seal them.

Please remember "Lose" implies 'Loss', "Loose" does not.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never had a dish peaked correctly on the first visit ( initial install ). Every single house, I had to get someone back out to re-peak.

No offense to anyone. Just has just been my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmerinwi View Post
    the 1000.4 is much more likely to have rain fade than a 500 or 1000.2 dish.
    So why is it more likely to have rain fade than the others?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    IT all depends on your dish peaking. If you have a good line of sight and good sat numbers , you suffer from less rain fade. If it is raining cats & dogs , you will see your picture go out regardless if you have a good dish peaking. The only way around it is to have a larger dish to ensure that you don't lose your signal. Say three 30" sat dishes , one for each satellite in your matrix: 77/72.7/61.5.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! jbull1381 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, jbull1381 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, jbull1381 did! Be COOL like jbull1381 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am east of Knoxville and usually rain is not a problem. A big thunder storm to the south and west will knock me out for a short time, no more than 5 to 10 minutes, usually not that long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD-C05 View Post
    IT all depends on your dish peaking. If you have a good line of sight and good sat numbers , you suffer from less rain fade.
    Then why has there been some much discussion on rain fade re: Dish1000.4 as opposed to the other two Dish systems? It seems that the 1000.4 suffers more than the others. I've read elsewhere here that the 1000.4 was harder to peak, but that the 1000.4's higher elevation should make rain fade less of an issue. Which is correct?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast