Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No channels on V polarity

Post Thanks / Like

No channels on V polarity

Hi all. The reason why I am asking for help on the forum is a problem with sat dish setup that I have had for the last month. Half a year before it, It had been working fine. But a month back one day I could not find around half of channels. Trying to scan again, I noticed that I cannot find channels of V polarity. Only H.
    I am using tv tuner Technisat Skystar HD 2 PCI in my PC and circular LNB. Software - DVBViewer Pro.
    By now I have tried as follows:
    - Tried to install the tuner into other computer. No result.
    - Returned the tuner to shop and got a new one. No result.
    - Changed LNB to a new one. No result.
    - Checked voltage from the both tuners (the old returned one and the new one). It changes from 13 to 18 and back.
    - Checked voltage on the end of cable going from the tuner to LNB. Voltage changes.

What else can be a problem? I do not understand. Any help appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Get another receiver and check that, if it fails to get the "H" channels, then you might as well have a defective LNB or a bad cable run... altough using a circular LNB there is not much, if any, that can be received.

Cheers

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhel View Post
    Get another receiver and check that, if it fails to get the "H" channels, then you might as well have a defective LNB or a bad cable run... altough using a circular LNB there is not much, if any, that can be received.

Cheers

Mike
    Another reciever? As i wrote, I returned old reviever to store and got a brand-new one but the problem still exists. The same about LNB. Tried two LNBs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup another receiver (a STB), to discard anything related to the DVB card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Flighttothemoon, are you located in Russia? What satellite are you trying to receive?

FYI - a circler LNB will not pick up H or V polarity very well, it should only be used on a satellite with circler L or R polarity.

How did you test the voltage at the LNB? I think you might have a bad cable run that is loosing voltage under load. Maybe try using a barrel connector at the LNB and add a short piece of coax with a slot cut in the side so you can test with the LNB hooked up.

Hope this helps, DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_charlie View Post
    Hi Flighttothemoon, are you located in Russia? What satellite are you trying to receive?

FYI - a circler LNB will not pick up H or V polarity very well, it should only be used on a satellite with circler L or R polarity.

How did you test the voltage at the LNB? I think you might have a bad cable run that is loosing voltage under load. Maybe try using a barrel connector at the LNB and add a short piece of coax with a slot cut in the side so you can test with the LNB hooked up.

Hope this helps, DC
    Hi. Yes, located in central Russia and trying to recieve Eutelsat W7 36E.
    As to cable, using digital meter, I tested voltage straight from tuner and from the end of cable that goes from tuner, before it goes to LNB. In both cases, voltage changes 13/18. Can it still be the problem in cable if voltage is ok?
    Last edited by flighttothemoon; 09-20-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast