Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
Account Stacking V.S. Vacation Residence
Directv has a pretty thin line between Account Stacking and Vacation Residence
Directv Does allow you to have a 2nd box installed at a vacation residence with out having the need for a 2nd account.
1. The service is considered one or the other, as in everyone has to be at the vacation home or at home residence active services can not be had in both places at the same time ( yes i know there nothing we can do to stop this )
2. Locals are one place or another we cant carry two local markets
3. DNS rules get really complicated with Vacation residences so please dont "move" your selves
1. An active box that is not at a vacation home.
2. An active box that is at a vacation home where there are premant residences at both locations
3. Any box install any where that is not on the same address.
4. adding a box and mailing it to your friend in canada/cuba
09-20-2010 10:38 AM
Hey Stonecold I agree with everything you have said but would like to share an experience a friend had with D* about account stacking and I actually witnessed the call myself as I was in the same room and listened on speakerphone. Now for the record I have Directv at my main home in Bloomington and ONLY there, but I do have BellTV (canadian sat) at my Canadian home as well as my American home. Although know one is at my residence in Canada when we are not there so we are only watching it at one place or the other. Anyway before I left Montana and moved to Bloomington a friend of mine called D* and said that he needed 5 more HD DVR's so he could ship them to family residences he has in Canada. Now I would not have believed this if I didn't hear it with my own ears. The lady csr said oh yes Mr.*** thats no problem we do that all the time. Infact she also sent out an installer to hook each one up and activate them first to make sure they all were working before they where shipped to Canada, and that is what she said word for word. I could not believe it. I still don't know how that is possible. Are the calls not monitered for quality control anymore?
This was someone actually with DirecTV or a "dealer"
Now that I think about it, it probally was a dealer because he didn't put his phone on speaker until he asked for the equipment, so I can't be sure. I just can't see D* doing that. I will have to ask him next time I talk to him.
I be the first to say I can monitor anyone but my own reps and they would not do that but I seen all kinds of craziness before unlike some stories I hear I can believe that and there probably someone who need to learn how to read company policy espeically if your friend mention canada.
What about my vacation home in Upstate NY. I'm there about 2 months out of the year but I have the HR20 and a H21 that I bought and own that I just activate when I'm there, But I get a seperate bill.
So I wouldn't have to do this ?
Problem is , I like to get the locals from there, Because we do a lot of snowmobling in the winter, and like to watch the local weather.
- Can I suspend My Leased account at Home in PA while I'm in NY?
- Can't I just Combind accounts?
- Can I add these receivers I own to my Main account without buying new access cards?
Tags for this Thread