Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I fix a dead pixel on a Samsung plasma?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I fix a dead pixel on a Samsung plasma?

I have had my Samsung touch of color 55" for about 9-10 months and have had a red, dead pixel for 2 months and would like to know if there is anyway I can fix it? I read that there is some kind of, Pixel Correction DVD that you can buy, can I get a suggestion on which one to buy. Has this successfully worked for anyone, to correct a dead pixel?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mike123abc did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mike123abc did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mike123abc did! Be COOL like mike123abc and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it is less than a year it is probably in warranty, call up Samsung.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a laptop or PC you can connect to your TV, give this a try:

UDPixel - udpix.free.fr

Its a free application called UDPixel. It forces rapid pixel colour changes to take place, and can sometimes "wake-up" pixels. Run it for a few hours.... and check for results.
    I used it with success a few times when I was providing tech support for a major computer manufacturer. Not all stuck pixels are dead!

All LCD appliances use an ISO standard for LCD repair/replacment coverage called the "Dot Pixel Defect Standard". In a nut-shell, it states that there is an acceptable minimum number of dead pixels that is perceived as "normal" and is not covered under repair or replacement warranty. In most, if not all cases one dead pixel does not warrant a repair or replacement.

This is a C/P directly from Samsung's warranty policy:

One or two dead pixels out of the approximately 300,000 to 1.3 million pixels on a typical LCD television is normal. Generally, then, if you have only a few dead pixels, service is not an option.

With that said, what we do about an LCD TV with dead pixels depends on:
    • The number of dead pixels
    • The location of the dead pixels
    • The color of the dead pixels
    • The size of the LCD TV screen
    If you are having a serious problem with dead pixels, gather the information listed above and call Samsung Customer Care at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864). Have the model number and serial number of your TV on hand when you call.

Good luck!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different rules for plasmas?
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Plasma is different than LCD in how the display works -- so the warranty coverage and limitations are different between the two types of display.

You'd need to check with your manufacturer for your support options.

There's a unique and rather frustrating catch to the "Dot Pixel Defect Standard". The types of dead pixels are explained in the ISO 13406-2 standard.
    ISO 13406-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is "supposed" to make it easier for manufacturers to set a standard, however it is up to each manufacturer to decide how they want to interpret what a dead pixel is, and what they will do about it, and what qualifies as a repair/replacement for pixels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help! About how much would it cost for a tech to come out to fix a dead pixel? All of the software I found does not seem to work and do not want to try pressing on the dead pixel with a pen/stylus. I know it maybe a $150+ but that pixel is really starting to get to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast