Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
Full Factory Reset on 722k?
Is there a way to do a full factory reset on a 722k? I have done the menu for Factory Defaults, but it doesn't really do anything except for the settings. I would like to try to get my homeline phone plug working again, and would like to try that. Thanks!
10-26-2010 01:36 PM
Best suggestion may be to unplug for a minute, replug it in. Might also try a check switch with the satellite inputs removed, then again with them hooked back up.
Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
(If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
Someone's posted some obscure key sequence using the remote that works for the 522/625 and it's possible it also works on other receivers. I'll try and search for it...
Originally Posted by rodin
Running a check-switch with the satellite connections un-hooked won't help. That clears the satellite input "matrix".
1. Turn on the receiver
2. On the remote, press MENU then 6 and then 1 (or 3 ?)
3. On the remote, press the following sequence: INFO then BROWSE then THEME
4. Press the TV/VIDEO button, and then the ird's Front power button
5. The receiver will reboot, flush its memory and redownload its software
6. Now your receiver is RESET to Factory defaults
Thanks to the both of you. Unfortunately none of those worked. I am actually kind of suprised that they do not have a way to do a "true" factory reset on these systems.
If you go to the system info screen as HALL says, and press "Info" "Right" "Left" that will pop up a message. Do a hard reset and that will reset everything for you. You must be doing it wrong or something. What can you not do with the homeplug. Hard reset wont help anything.
Tags for this Thread