Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes coming to SuperStation package???

Post Thanks / Like

Changes coming to SuperStation package???

Today I received a robo-call from DISH letting me know that my SuperStation's package, which I pay for on an annual basis, is being moved to a month-to-month billing status, and increasing in cost by, I think, a buck. They are issuing a credit for the "unused" portion of my annual payment, and that I would now be billed, after Oct. 14, $7 and change each month for the package.

I called DISH to find out what was going on, but the Rep, after checking, could only tell me that the package was no longer available annually. No reason was given. She gave me an 888 number to call for more information. When I called it, the robo-voice thanked me for calling about DishPix, but the number was no longer in service.

Any ideas what may be going on? Is this the first step to doing away with the SuperStation package?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Darrell S did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Darrell S did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Darrell S did! Be COOL like Darrell S and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about the annual billing, but I have been paying 7.00 for several months now. This package went up in price the same time multi-sport went up to 7.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Under "my programming" I don't see it listed as a package anymore. It lists the individual channels @ $2 each. Kinda cool if you only want like WPIX and WWOR.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Darrell S did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Darrell S did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Darrell S did! Be COOL like Darrell S and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They just started the online individual superstation option recently. You could have subbed to just 1 or 2 by calling, if you could get a CSR that knew what a superstation was.

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to try a chat with a DISH rep. As usual, good response via this channel. Here is what he told me:

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: Thank you for your patience.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: How may I help you?
    MY NAME: Hi Rusty! Today I received a robo-call from DISH letting me know that my SuperStation's package, which I pay for on an annual basis, is being moved to a month-to-month billing status, and increasing in cost by, I think, a buck. They are issuing a credit for the "unused" portion of my annual payment, and that I would now be billed, after Oct. 14, $7 and change each month for the package.

I called DISH to find out what was going on, but the Rep, after checking, could only tell me that the package was no longer available annually. No reason was given. She gave me an 888 number to call for more information. When I called it, the robo-voice thanked me for calling about DishPix, but the number was no longer in service.

Any ideas what may be going on? Is this the first step to doing away with the SuperStation package?
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: I'd be happy to assist you with your request.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: You would still continue to enjoy the great shows on the Superstations package.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: However, because of the high cost of the programming, we have decided to just offer this package on a monthly subscription.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: Actually, it has been quite sometime since the package is just being offered monthly.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: You were just given an exemption before since you had this package on an annual basis since 1998.
    MY NAME: OK. Thank you for checking. I appreciate your help!
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: I'm glad to answer your inquiries.
    (03) MKtech Rusty M.T7Z: It was my pleasure assisting you today! Do you have anymore questions for me?
    MY NAME: Not today!! Have a good one--

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Claude Greiner did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Claude Greiner did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Claude Greiner did! Be COOL like Claude Greiner and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have it when it you could bundle it with the locals for 8.99

I'm thinking about dropping because it had not been worth the money since UPN went out of business
    Claude Greiner

In Memory of Tiger Stadium
    April 28th 1896 - September 21st 2009

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast