Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: 922 Master Reset

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bobvick did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bobvick did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bobvick did! Be COOL like bobvick and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

922 Master Reset

Does anyone know if the 922 can be reset to factory defaults, not just a "hard reset" by pulling the plug or going to "factory defaults" in the settings menu. I have tried the one that works on the 722K, "Menu, 6,3, Info, Browse, Theme" and then TV/Video, but it does not work on the 922. Does anyone have anything else to try?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is the factory reset button on the menu tiles under settings. I have never tried it though. Come next week when I get the 722k to replace my 922 I will try it to see what it does ,once the new receiver is activated and in place.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bobvick did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bobvick did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bobvick did! Be COOL like bobvick and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know about that it really does not set it to "factory" I want it to be a clean slate, like the procedure that I listed for the 722k does. Thanks anyway.
    Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

To get the $100 sign up bonus please visit http://tinyurl.com/directvreferral or contact your local participating DIRECTV retailer!

DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWiM 16, HR44-700 Genie HR24-200 (2); HR24-500; HR21-700, GenieGo, DECA Networked
    SHAW DIRECT, 1.2m GeoSatPro on 111W, 76cm Winegard on 107W, Motorola HDDSR-630 PVR (2)
    SAMI 7.5' C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual-C feed, Norsat 8115 15 deg C-Band LNB's
    GeoSat Pro MicroHD; G-Box positioner

Post Thanks / Like
    Since it looks like no one really knows, maybe call CSR. Doubt they will know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hawker152
    Since it looks like no one really knows, maybe call CSR. Doubt they will know.
    I bet that some of them don't even know what a 922 is, much less how to do a master reset on one.
    Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

To get the $100 sign up bonus please visit http://tinyurl.com/directvreferral or contact your local participating DIRECTV retailer!

DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWiM 16, HR44-700 Genie HR24-200 (2); HR24-500; HR21-700, GenieGo, DECA Networked
    SHAW DIRECT, 1.2m GeoSatPro on 111W, 76cm Winegard on 107W, Motorola HDDSR-630 PVR (2)
    SAMI 7.5' C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual-C feed, Norsat 8115 15 deg C-Band LNB's
    GeoSat Pro MicroHD; G-Box positioner