Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signal loss due to snow on dish

Post Thanks / Like

Signal loss due to snow on dish

I have been with dish for over 15 years, i have had a dish 500 and a 1000+. I was swithched to a 1000.4 when i upgraded to a 722k. Now today it is snowing and have lost signal several times due to snow on the dish. with the previous dish antenna's i never lost signal due to snow, have had to clean 3 times so far. Have other people that have had this 1000.4 antenna experienced the same issue? Is there something i can do to prevent snow build up? Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    well i dont think there's a way to prevent snow to pile up on the dish, however you can give them a call and tell them that you constantly lose signal with snow, that is not normal, so they might suggest a tech visit to repeak dish, that should get your issue resolved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snow is going to block the signal no matter what satellites you're looking at.

There are two issues in play:

1. You're 1000.4 is pointing about 10 degrees more skyward than the 1000.
    2. You're experiencing an uncharacteristically sloppy snow that is sticking to everything.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't they move a Football game to Mon. night because of the amount of snow you have gotten? Could this storm system be causing different conditions than experienced before?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dahenny did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dahenny did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dahenny did! Be COOL like dahenny and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lost signal once this morning when the snow was wet, but now it's 19 degrees and the snow just falls off of the 1k.4.
    Think You Might Sign Up for DISH? How about using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    WOOT WOOT!!!

ADG124528153 / ADP0019984041 / LAT086769667

To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Relocate the dish to the ground and pay the neighbor kid $1 to wipe it off when hes out playing.

Issue resolved.

In all honesty, its gonna happen. This is the main reason I like putting the dish on the ground/pole mount. lol301, it is normal in our area.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast