Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: My Playlist not showing up on remote TV

Post Thanks / Like

My Playlist not showing up on remote TV

I have Whole Home DVR installed. The DVR itself is located in the living room. The only other Direct box I have is in the bedroom. The menu on the bedroom box stop giving me the My Playlist on the menu. I can't play recordings from it anymore. My Playlist does show up on the living room DVR. Can someone tell me how to get it back?

Last edited by stilllearning; 01-03-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Additional information

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stilllearning View Post
    I have Whole Home DVR installed. The DVR itself is located in the living room. The only other Direct box I have is in the bedroom. The menu on the bedroom box stop giving me the My Playlist on the menu. I can't play recordings from it anymore. My Playlist does show up on the living room DVR. Can someone tell me how to get it back?
    Check the menus and verify that the Sharing is still turned on.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    Troubleshooting MRV van be very difficult sometimes in person and darn near impossible on line.

First off, like said, check and make sure your sharing is still on.
    However, since this is not something that could accidentally be changed, I will assume it is and move on.

Try resetting receivers (do one at a time).

Is it wired in to your internet?
    If so, how?
    If it is plugged directly in to the back of an 24 series then unplug it.
    Plugging your router in the back of a 24 series will shut off the internal deca.

If it is not a 24 series, then are all the lights on the decas green?

Is the power inserter, splitter, and LNB all green label?
    Even if it worked before, if one of the parts were not, it could work for a while then quit (especially if your internet is plugged in).

Check all connectors from receivers to dish (unplug power inserter first)
    Make sure they are all compression, stingers are not too long and "the glass is filled up with milk" (white dialectic is pushed all the way up to the top).
    Make sure there are not added splices or splitters in line. If there is a splice, check if the barrel is a high frequency barrel (best are blue or orange center, if it is red or green it is probably ok, if it is white, replace it). If there are multiple splices then replace the line with R6 and preferably swept tested to 3ghz.

That will scratch the surface for you.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Troubleshooting MRV van be very difficult sometimes in person and darn near impossible on line.

First off, like said, check and make sure your sharing is still on.
    However, since this is not something that could accidentally be changed, I will assume it is and move on.

Try resetting receivers (do one at a time).

Is it wired in to your internet?
    If so, how?
    If it is plugged directly in to the back of an 24 series then unplug it.
    Plugging your router in the back of a 24 series will shut off the internal deca.

If it is not a 24 series, then are all the lights on the decas green?

Is the power inserter, splitter, and LNB all green label?
    Even if it worked before, if one of the parts were not, it could work for a while then quit (especially if your internet is plugged in).

Check all connectors from receivers to dish (unplug power inserter first)
    Make sure they are all compression, stingers are not too long and "the glass is filled up with milk" (white dialectic is pushed all the way up to the top).
    Make sure there are not added splices or splitters in line. If there is a splice, check if the barrel is a high frequency barrel (best are blue or orange center, if it is red or green it is probably ok, if it is white, replace it). If there are multiple splices then replace the line with R6 and preferably swept tested to 3ghz.

That will scratch the surface for you.
    It very well could be turned off IF an Update had come down to his box.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    I reset both boxes. That fixed it. Thanks to both of you for your help.