Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow remote advise

Post Thanks / Like

Slow remote advise

Hi All,
    This is my first post here. I have a VIP222K receiver and the #1 remote has very slow response. Pressing the System Wizard button used to fix it (I had to do it every other day) but now that does not work. I have to unplug the receiver to get it to speed up, this is a pain to do every couple of days. Dish claims it is interference with the plasma TV that is causing it. This problem started soon after we got the HD receiver in February and has steadily got worse.

Here is my question: If I get a Logitech remote will it still respond slowly? I have 4 remotes and want to consolidate and was wondering if the slow response will continue.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

MattG@ DISH NETWORK is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Matt with DISH here. There very well may be interference from the TV that causes our remote to work slowly, or not at all. Have you ever tried using the front panel buttons of the receiver when the remote seems to be responding slowly? It could be the receiver is not processing the commands as fast as it should (so it could be the receiver needs to be replaced, not the remote). I know this doesn't answer the question about the logitech remote, I just thought that you should know there are other options (such as setting up TV1 for UHF if it's not already) to help with the interference part.

Post Thanks / Like
    The speed was normal changing channels on the receiver, but it was a while ago when I tried it. The tech people at Dish me told that changing to a UHF remote would not help with a plasma TV. They suggested moving the receiver farther away from the TV, to be honest I think they are guessing.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    In every case I've seen where there is interference, switching the remote from IR to UHF (or vice versa in certain cases) resolves the problem. At my home my TV was causing interference so my remote wouldn't work for about the first 20 minutes that it was turned on, changing it to UHF fixed the issue. What model remote are you using now (on the back of it at the top, will say something like 5.0 or 6.2 etc.)?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a 20.0 IR
    I had the issue of the remote not working for about the first 20 or 30 minutes at my vacation house (which has a LCD TV) and switching to a UHF remote fixed that. I told this to the tech about this current problem but the tech said UHF is worse with plasma than IR.

This problem is a little different, it always works, just slowly. It is the slowest when pulling up the guide and trying to scroll through it. And after unplugging the receiver it will work correctly for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try lowering the brightness of the TV

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast