Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compatable Switches

Post Thanks / Like

Compatable Switches

I am upgrading and will be installing my new 3 LNB Dish once the rain stops. I have a new VIP211 and an old 301 & 4700 receivers. What switches will I need to use to connect 3 LNBs to my 3 receivers? I currently have 2 receivers on 1 dish and the third receiver on another dish. I want to get down to a single dish but still remain working with all my receivers until I upgrade them.

Thanks,
    David

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

MattG@ DISH NETWORK is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's a Dish Pro Plus 1000.2 LNB, You will not need any switches. Do you know the exact model of LNB you have?
    Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
    DISH Internet Response Team
    Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11am-10pm MST. Off: Tues/Fri/Sat

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is the 1k2, put the 211 on port 1, 301 on port 2, and 4700 on port 3. No specific reason except heirarchy, and some legacy receivers don't work consistently on port 1

Post Thanks / Like
    check out this link:

Direct Slimline

This is what I am putting up. I was given the Direct TV dish a couple of years ago and I have enough of the DP LNBs and I have the 3 LNB mount ordered and it should be here any day now. Total cost $12. The LNBs all have dual cable hook ups so if I have to setup 2 separate types of switches if I have to for the different receivers. I would like to have a switch that would be in with 3 LNB and out for 3 or more receivers that is compatible with all my equipment.

Thanks
    David

MattG@ DISH NETWORK is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    DP34 would be the switch I'd recommend since you'll want more then 3 locations. Probably can find one cheaper then a DPP44 also. You will need a DishPro Adapter to get the 4700 working with that setup.
    Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
    DISH Internet Response Team
    Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11am-10pm MST. Off: Tues/Fri/Sat

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a 1k.2 or 1k.4 WESTERN ARC (god i dont want to get bitched at because I didnt put the WA on there)

Then you will have no issues. as long as the 4700 is on port 2 or 3 NOT 1

If the dish you have is a 3 lnb and all the LNBFs say DP, then you can use a 34 switch, but the 4700 will need a DP adapter.

If you choose to get a DPP44 switch (they are online for 60 bucks sometimes and are damn near future proof). Then you do not need a DP Adapter. Again as long it is on Port 2,3,4. NOT 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast