Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TW remote need 30 second skip

Post Thanks / Like

New TW remote need 30 second skip

Hi, I just moved and now have Time Warner cable. With Comcast I was able to program a button to do a 30 second skip. This Time Warner remote does not have a set up button. It is model number UR5U-8780L-TWM the only instructions I have found involve hitting a setup button... this remote does not have one. Help! this is driving me nuts!
    thanks!
    Donna

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! jayn_j did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, jayn_j did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, jayn_j did! Be COOL like jayn_j and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. TWC lobotomized the boxes themselves. No 30 second skip. Killed favorites list last spring although they will tell you that pressing the favorite button goes to the next favorite channel and that's what people want
    Disabled the external HDD support last summer. only a 6 day guide. etc, etc.

The reason the Comcast worked is that they still had the 30 second function and code. It just isn't programmed into the remote. To clarify, TWC has removed the functions entirely from the box itself.

I finally got very frustrated and bought a TIVO. Sorry if this sounds a little desperate, but I moved from Comcast to TWC a year ago. The Samsung box I initially received was wonderful, and then I watched many features I used disappear every month until there was little left.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info. I really miss Comcast. I really am having a hard time getting used to Time Warner. Nothing is easy! UGH! color me frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmt4 View Post
    thanks for the info. I really miss Comcast. I really am having a hard time getting used to Time Warner. Nothing is easy! UGH! color me frustrated.
    They don't have a thirty second skip, but their fast forward feature will let you skip thru commercials and when do push the play button again, it will back you up 10 seconds so if you go too far, it will take you right to spot where the program restarts again. It actually works pretty good, compared to having no 30 sec skip at all. The fast forward feature won't work on certain video on the demand though, but if you dvr the program rather than watch it on demand, you will never have to worry about those commercials.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! jayn_j did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, jayn_j did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, jayn_j did! Be COOL like jayn_j and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That skipback feature is black magic that has a learning curve. I use it on the remaining DVR, but I never get it quite right. How far it skips back is dependent on the speed you are fast forwarding (1x, 2x, 3x). It also happens on rewind. I can get close, but the amount of fiddling and attention I have to pay to it kind of makes me watch the commercials anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayn_j View Post
    That skipback feature is black magic that has a learning curve. I use it on the remaining DVR, but I never get it quite right. How far it skips back is dependent on the speed you are fast forwarding (1x, 2x, 3x). It also happens on rewind. I can get close, but the amount of fiddling and attention I have to pay to it kind of makes me watch the commercials anyway
    I suppose you do have to watch them, but I always use the 3x feature and have it down pretty well. It is not as good as the 30 second skip on dish, but still is better than no skip feature at all.l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast