Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roku "hidden" FREE international news channels (Al Jazeera/Euronews/Etc)

TNGTony is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Roku "hidden" FREE international news channels (Al Jazeera/Euronews/Etc)

I have had Dish Network for over 14 years and have been wanting something like this for more than half that time.

Roku posted a link on their facebook page today that gives you FREE access to a ton of news international channels for FREE. The PQ isn't great, but it is about as good as Dish Network's feeds of other internationals I have seen. Some of the following are 16x9.

Al Arabiya (Arabic)

Al Jaseera (Arabic)
    Al Jazeera (English) - Now also available on the Roku newscaster channel

BBC News
    BBC Parliament (British version of C-SPAN)

Democratic Voice of Burma (Burmese)

Euronews (English)
    Euronews (German)
    Euronews (Spanish)
    Euronews (French)
    Euronews (Italian)
    Euronews (Portuguese)
    Euronews (Turkish)
    Euronews (Russian)
    Euronews (Arabic)

France 24 (English)
    France 24 (French)
    France 24 (Arabic)

Frontline Club (Offline when I tried it)

Intelligence (offline when I tried it)

NASA TV (already available in other places on Roku)

Nour TV (Farsi)

Press TV (English - Based in Teheran, Iran - the west and especially the US is the cause of all problems)

RT (dubbed from Russian to English)

UNHCR (offline when I tried it)

From the Roku forum
    1-Add CDNTwo to your channel line-up found in the Channel Store under "News and Podcasts"

2. Link Player to CDNTwo Account (visit
    http://www.cdntwo.com

and sign up for an account. Once you log in, you will see an option to link a device - found in your profile page. On your device, Select "configuration" option from CDNtwo on Roku Player to get activation code - link player to web).

3. Add a "New Category" from CDNTwo.com - we created a simple News category, but you can name it anything you want.

4. Select "Add Content" and click on Livestation.com

5. Select "My Categories" on Roku Player and you will now have access to Al Jazeera English and other live international news feeds.

CDNTwo.com is running very slow tonight and you may have to try several times to get the channel activated, but persistence paid off for me.

THERE= a place. not here - THEIR= belongs to them - THEY'RE = short for "They Are". THEN = a point in time; not now. - THAN = used to compare things.
    -If you tried 4 times to move forward, it was the FOURTH time you went FORTH! ---Something AFFECTS you. You have an EFFECT on something
    Some one can win a MEDAL made of a METAL like gold for showing his METTLE (courage)
    If something is LOOSE you might LOSE it. Your=belongs to "you" You're short for "you are"
    You file a suit in court. You wear a suit in court. You stay in a suite at the hotel. You sweat it out. Victory is sweet!
    If two sets of twin brothers have a gunfight, you have a Dual Duel
    MUTE=Silent, unable to talk. MOOT= No longer relevant or important. "A mute points out a moot point."

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! yaz96 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, yaz96 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, yaz96 did! Be COOL like yaz96 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! Thanks Tony!!!

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow-up FYI:
    This "channel" seems to be choking on all the traffic. I can't keep a stream going for more than a couple of minutes now. The Al Jazeera channel in the newscaster is working fine though with only a couple of hickups.
    THERE= a place. not here - THEIR= belongs to them - THEY'RE = short for "They Are". THEN = a point in time; not now. - THAN = used to compare things.
    -If you tried 4 times to move forward, it was the FOURTH time you went FORTH! ---Something AFFECTS you. You have an EFFECT on something
    Some one can win a MEDAL made of a METAL like gold for showing his METTLE (courage)
    If something is LOOSE you might LOSE it. Your=belongs to "you" You're short for "you are"
    You file a suit in court. You wear a suit in court. You stay in a suite at the hotel. You sweat it out. Victory is sweet!
    MUTE=Silent, unable to talk. MOOT= No longer relevant or important. "A mute points out a moot point."

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! juan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, juan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, juan did! Be COOL like juan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt have to link my roku..live station worked without a link

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! harveystern did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, harveystern did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, harveystern did! Be COOL like harveystern and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony what code did you use for euronews ? Thanks Harv

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's part of the live station application. When you go into live station all the news networks above are listed. Follow the instructions at the end of the first post.
    I am still having some problems with keeping a stream going for any length of time. And it does sometimes give me the error code. As of this instant it's okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast