Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DVR for RV

Post Thanks / Like

DVR for RV

I am a new customer and am happy so far except that I would like to add another DVR for my RV to my account so I bought a 625 used and a 500 dish with DP Plus LNB. I need a new smart card so I made many phone calls and finally was connected to the "RV" department where I was first told that I could be enabled if I sent a copy of my registration which I did. Then they connected me with another person that said that as I have an HD account (on eastern arc) that they wouldn't be able to add this receiver (on 110 and 119) to my account and I would have to pay for a separate account at the $44.95/mo price. Is this their policy? If so, I don't get it, I would be paying them to add the 625 but now I guess they want me to cheat and use my 722 when I go away, I was only trying to save myself the trouble of pulling out the 722 every time.

Thanks for your help, Dick

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I get what the other post was about. I have you covered on this front. You can use the DVR (625) in the RV. I have to change a tag or two on the account to get it to actually allow it to be activated, but it can be done. The additional charge for the DVR is $17. Sometimes being able to think outside the box has it advantages. You would not be in violation of your contract using the 722 either. PM me a phone number and I can help you out with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT@DISH Network View Post
    Now I get what the other post was about. I have you covered on this front. You can use the DVR (625) in the RV. I have to change a tag or two on the account to get it to actually allow it to be activated, but it can be done. The additional charge for the DVR is $17. Sometimes being able to think outside the box has it advantages. You would not be in violation of your contract using the 722 either. PM me a phone number and I can help you out with this.
    After months of calls, emails and contradictory answers I finally gave up and switched my house to cable. Now I only use Dish in my RV. You're saying I don't need the CATV account? I've heard that before. I've also heard that one account for both was a violation and it could be cancelled. Is this clearly stated in writing somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of an account being canceled because the cust took a rec out in their RV. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of people that take a rec with them or have an additional one just for the RV and have never had an issue.

The OP had a problem because his account was tagged as an EA only account which will not let mpeg2 equip be activated on it until TonyT changes it.

Plant City, FL/Whittier, NC split 6 months each
    Post Thanks / Like
    We take our 211k w/us to the NC mountains when we go in in our RV - May thru Oct. I had a 1000.4 dish set up on our site last year. My question is: If we wanted to change from our Jacksonville, FL locals to NC locals, would we be able to? JAX locals are CONUS and we get them now but I may be more concerned about when they are no longer CONUS. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've never heard of an account being canceled because the cust took a rec out in their RV. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of people that take a rec with them or have an additional one just for the RV and have never had an issue.
    My MIL has a small lake cottage about 15 minutes from our house. The reseller told us that we could get another dish set up there and just take our receiver box back & forth. Is the problem with the OP because he purchased an additional DVR beyond what he has at home?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast