Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many receivers can I connect to one dish?

Post Thanks / Like

How many receivers can I connect to one dish?

Right now I'm on an "Eastern Arc" setup with two satellites on my roof. I'm not sure what kind of how they hooked up.

I also have two receivers in my house.

If I wanted to add a third receiver, could I just split the line coming into one of the receivers?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! old corps did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, old corps did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, old corps did! Be COOL like old corps and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can have 3 receivers with an EA system (1000.4) but you can't "split the line". A separate RG6 coax cable has to run from the output @ the dish to the 3rd receiver. Hope this helps!

Ed

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. The system will not work with splitters. There is something called a separator, but we need more information on your setup. What model receivers do you have? How many coax cables are coming from the dish? How many to each receiver?
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    3 lines to a 44 sw. You can use up to 3 44sw in sequence on a k4. You do the math.

Post Thanks / Like
    2 dishs might mean you have a 110/119/615 set up.

You sure you are using both dishs? Sure you don't have a k4 and the tech didn't take the old dish down?

Go to the system info an see what you have

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends upon how many LNB's you have connected to the dish. A household can have a total of 6 TV's connected independently, so that's either 6 solo rcvrs or 3 duos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast