Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20.0 IR Echostar remote help

Post Thanks / Like

20.0 IR Echostar remote help

I am trying to get a RCA RT2760 Home Theater System to work with my Dish Network Remote. I have been through all the steps in the manual and even contacted Tech Support, as well as other post online. I was able to use the volume -/+, and mute with my old DirecTV remote. The power button would not work, but at least I could adjust the volume without getting up.

The remote says 20.0 IR EchoStar Technologies on the back.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the instructions for the 20.0 remote? Read the section on 2-way learning. Instructions are available on line if you need them.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Do you have the instructions for the 20.0 remote? Read the section on 2-way learning. Instructions are available on line if you need them.
    The learning remote is the 21.0 IR/UHF, NOT the 20.0 IR only.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    The learning remote is the 21.0 IR/UHF, NOT the 20.0 IR only.
    Really??? Then how was I able to learn codes to my 20.0?
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by n0qcu View Post
    Really??? Then how was I able to learn codes to my 20.0?
    Codes yes, not learning, ie, using original component remote (like a BD player remote) to train the 21.0

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Codes yes, not learning, ie, using original component remote (like a BD player remote) to train the 21.0
    I said LEARN that means using the original remote and teaching the "codes" to the 20.0 NOT punching in a 3 digit number for a device.
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast