Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome billing error in my favor, and now I'm moving

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome billing error in my favor, and now I'm moving

For 10 months now I've been paying just over $5 for my Directv. It *should* be close to $70 a month if not more. No, I didn't intentionally do anything to get this, but when I upgraded my equipment & package at the 1 year mark last year I ended up with this awesome billing error in my favor since then.

I have purposely not called Directv for the little quirks here and there that I've run into (like I only get channel 5 in my bedroom and not the living room, so I must watch Greys Anatomy in my bedroom - boofrigginhoo, but for a $65 savings every month, I sure as hell am not gonna call and complain! haha) But now my dilemma is that I'll be moving soon, and I think it's safe to say if I call DTV and arrange the whole moving thing, I'm sure either the CSR will notice something is up that I've been paying very little for a long time now, or whatever the case may be.

1.) Can I just move my satellite myself? I'll be moving to another apartment complex, so I could just try my best to mimic the angle the dish is pointed from neighbors, and keep tweaking it until I get a signal?

2.) I would be willing to pay an independent contractor to do it if I knew for sure that someone from the real DTV wouldn't be tipped off to look at my account.

Or 3.) Just suck it up and admit my practically free ride is over. But buuuut it was so much fun getting random movie channels and never knowing from one day to the next which movie channels I was getting for free hahaha!

Or even 4.) If I called DTV and did it the legit way by asking for their assistance, and the CSR says something about my bill, could I just say something like my stepdad or whoever works for DTV so I get a discount? Lol. Does anyone get that great of a discount that would be believable?

Yes, I really am a cheapo. Don't hate on me because of it haha. And ethics? HA! That went out the door years ago It would be different if this were a mom and pop joint that I knew honestly would hurt from losing the couple dollars from me a month... but as you can see I obviously don't effect DTV from losing $65 a month from me, afterall it's been 10 months this has been going on and they haven't caught on.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stardust3 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stardust3 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stardust3 did! Be COOL like stardust3 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if they catch their mistake & back bill you for the difference?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust3 View Post
    What if they catch their mistake & back bill you for the difference?
    Thats where I was going to go !

They will find it eventually.

Sounds to me like shes using someones Addl. recvr, but don't know how it's going thru the D* billing that way.

Even D* employees don't get thier service for $ 5 p/m.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol nope. Wish I could say I did this on purpose, which would mean I'd be able to do it again. I don't think I'd be asking this question if I know how to do this, would I? It's pretty simple what they did to my bill. On my bill all there is the 2 receivers, and the credit for the main receiver. Leaving me with $5 and some cents to cover the fee for the additional receiver and tax. I still have full programming, HD on my main box, and DVR on both boxes. This month it increased (with the cost of everyones bill I believe, right?) to $6 and some odd cents. It only went up like .50c or so.

I'm not worried about them back billing me. I wouldn't pay it and they would send it to a collection agency. The agency would back right off as soon as I were to ask them to validate the claim, and all they have is copies of my monthly bills. Well guess what, I've paid every month what my bill is. It immediately wouldn't be a valid claim and DTV would just have to stfu about it.

If we can get back on topic I definitely welcome any other replies with answers to my actual questions. But any others who want to get off topic about this rather than what I'm actually asking, don't waste your time

Post Thanks / Like
    IF they were over charging you by $65 a month would you be silent? Buck up and pay what you owe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    IF they were over charging you by $65 a month would you be silent? Buck up and pay what you owe.
    Congratulations on wasting your time and effort on that post.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast