Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I record more than 2 shows at once with my 722k

Post Thanks / Like

How do I record more than 2 shows at once with my 722k

I have read here and on other forums that the 722k is capable of recording up to 4 shows at once 2 on sat and 2 on OTA. I cannot figure out how to do this, and when I ask Dish they tell me it can only record 2 shows at a time. Can someone please give me a clue.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to add the
    OTA module

which has two OTA tuners.

Tom K. Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you don't have the OTA module installed, you should be able to record 2 sat channels. Can you not do this? Select a channel and push the Record button. Select another channel and push the Record button. Now push the DVR button twice. The recorded program list should show two channels recording. When you schedule recordings using the guide, it should show a clock with either a 1 or 2 indicating which of the two tuners has been scheduled for that recording.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dwarren2 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dwarren2 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dwarren2 did! Be COOL like dwarren2 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you do what Laddyboy suggested, make sure you select TV2 for the 1st recording by using the up arrow and then right arrow to the TV2 tuner. Then you can also record on TV1's tuner.
    Also, you can pregrom a program to record in the future Navigate to the program and press Select. You should see a "2" show up and a choice to record once, new episodes or all episodes. You can then select another program that's on at the same time and then it will record to TV1 tuner. Likewise with the ota module installed you can do the same

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lakebum431 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lakebum431 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lakebum431 did! Be COOL like lakebum431 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you in single user mode (SUM) or dual user mode (DUM)? Multiple recordings can be done with both, but it is more seamless when in SUM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dwarren2 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dwarren2 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dwarren2 did! Be COOL like dwarren2 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebum431 View Post
    Are you in single user mode (SUM) or dual user mode (DUM)? Multiple recordings can be done with both, but it is more seamless when in SUM.
    Why is it more seamless in Single rather than dual? I never use Single since I'll often be watching a prerecorded program off of TV2 while the wife is watching something on TV1. Single mode seems to defeat the purpose of having a dual tuner dvr. You do loose the pip in dual.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast