Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Universal Remote for DSR-410 that doesn't "Break the bank?"

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! radio did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, radio did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, radio did! Be COOL like radio and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Universal Remote for DSR-410 that doesn't "Break the bank?"

Hadn't seen this addressed yet.

I've been using a Philips SRU4208WM/17 (Long name for a simple remote, best to google it) but...the buttons wear out, (have had two of 'em)....and want to find a universal that will for sure learn the functions of an original GI/Motorola remote, plus handle Vizio TV, Toshiba DVD-R, and maybe a couple other things. But, the major thing is, it must learn the DSR-410.

I tend to doubt that any of the "download via USB" fancy ones even know about hte existence of many of the things we satellite experimenters have in our equipment roster...so "learning" is a must. (If you've owned original birdview, you know that's true.)

What are the assembled here using for control, and what are the pluses and shortcomings found relative to the DSR and modern TV functions?

Can't use a 920 or 922 remote....'m still running that receiver as a positioner for FTA in the same room, and (luckily before) the end of our datastream on 4D, the factory reset of my new 410 also reset my 922. Luckily it is NOT a brick.

Hope this is interesting for all!
    Dish 1: Birdview white solid, motorized for FTA w/V-box VII (system modified by "nicknjen")
    Dish 2: Birdview white solid, stationary, idle for now
    Receiver 1: Micro HD. Working well, original firmware
    For fun: Ramsey FM-100B 1/4 watt to send audio into offices and around the yard!

Retired: DSR-9224DTV; DSR-410; Pansat 3500 FTA; Visionsat 200IV PVR, Openbox S10

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Any older Starchoice remote will run the 410. The 4DTV's usually can't access the satellite menu though with most *choice ones. I got my hands on a Starchoice URC 547 lately and low and behold the DVR list button handles the satellite menu and the remote is UHF too. That remote is used on the Shaw DVR boxes. Works everything on the 4D You can run 2 DSR's in the same room by changing the addresses. I have the 405 on one code and the 922 on another no issues. All *choice remotes seem to handle my tv's too.

I think Starchoice remotes should be easy to get and cheap.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah an old Starchoice/Shaw Direct remote works fine

Also the old Voom remotes work too

heh...checked Ebay and Voom remotes are $9 with free shipping
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    and here is a old thread on those Voom remotes
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-dis...mote-4dtv.html
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the voom remotes work the satellite function? Thats a must on the 4D but not the 410's.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! PopcornNMore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, PopcornNMore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, PopcornNMore did! Be COOL like PopcornNMore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to check out the VOOM remotes I have to verify. Currently I'm using a remote that came with a DSR-405 ( I believe this is correct) that is brown in color (P/N: 413318-001-00) model IRC-431.

Dishes: 240cm (8') WS International Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Fortec Dish, C-Band * 180cm (6') Channel Master Dish, C-Band * 120cm (4') Channel Master Dish, SG2100 H-H, KU-Band * 36" X 26" Channel Master (StarBand) Dish, DBS * 18" Dish, DirecTV, DSS LNBF * Dish 1000+, Dish Network
    OTA Antennas: Terk TV-32 UHF Antenna, (Pittsburgh, PA locals) * Antennacraft MXU59 UHF Antenna, (Johnstown, PA locals)
    Receivers: VIP722 Dish Network * Coolsat 4000 Premium * Coolsat 6100 PVR * Openbox S9 HD PVR * Motorola DSR-410DS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast