Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV calibration

Post Thanks / Like

TV calibration

Is there a place to go and get calibration settings for various TV's? I want to give the website to customers that they can go to to professionally adjust their picture settings. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some calibration settings like CMS and Grayscale do not carry over perfectly from one set to another, due to variance. Best place to get user menu settings to get the set as close as you can without a professional, is an AVSForum owners thread. You can pretty much find an owners thread for any AV equipment.
    65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! jayn_j did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, jayn_j did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, jayn_j did! Be COOL like jayn_j and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And don't believe the first set of settings you see in those threads. If it is a popular set, you will end up seeing dozens of sets posted.

For accuracy, people will often post what gets set by an ISF calibration, but as Jason mentions, it won't be perfect and you will need to adjust to what works for you.

A lot of folks find the ISF cal dark and colorless because they have gotten used to the torch mode that everything ships with. Many manufacturers have started shipping with presets that are pretty darned good as well. Look for cinema, professional, THX presets.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gadgtfreek did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gadgtfreek did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gadgtfreek did! Be COOL like gadgtfreek and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    All well said. Usually tv's have either a cinema or movie mode, with warm color setting. Good place to start. Any model purchased with THX offers a good mode too.
    65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
    X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
    Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
    Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Washcommander21
    I’ve looked over the owners thread at AVS for my TV and found dozens of different settings posted. I tried most of them, and liked absolutely zero of them. Color temp is always Warm or worse yet, Warm 2. I can’t stand that overly red look. If I use all the same settings but keep the color temp at Neutral it looks off. The very best settings I’ve found for my TV are the ones I turned it on with. Sony has a ‘Theater Mode’ which basically looks like you’re watching TV with sunglasses on. I went to a few local A/V shops and priced out ISF Calibrations, since I didn’t get my TV from them, most charge extra. $325-$350 is what I’d be paying. I just dropped close to $7,000 on new A/V gear, I have no problem paying an extra $350, but what I don’t want to do is pay $350 and then change my settings back to like I had them as the calibrator is walking out the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mehs View Post
    ...what I don't want to do is pay $350 and then change my settings back to like I had them as the calibrator is walking out the door.
    And that's exactly what you will do if none from AVS were to your liking.

Diogen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast