Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I make my directv remote control my audio receiver and tv and directv receiver?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I make my directv remote control my audio receiver and tv and directv receiver?

I want the remote to be able to control volume on the audio receiver (which I have accomplished so far), but I want it to be able to control the inputs on the audio receiver and it does not.

I want it to be able to control the inputs on the tv and be able to turn the tv on/off

and of course its basic function of controlling the satellite.

Please help I'm tired of having 2 extra remotes in the way. Thanks!

Audio: Sony 5.1
    TV: Samsung 55" 3D LED
    Reciever: unknown but I just installed directv yesterday and its a black box with blue lights. It is DVR HD with 3D.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    You will have limited control of your AV receiver with the DTV remote. Save yourself a lot of grief and buy a Harmony Universal remote. I recommend the Harmony One if you can afford it, but there are many other models to choose from. They are easy to program from your computer and can learn any command. I have a One and a 700 and both are great and trouble free.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! RandallA did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, RandallA did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, RandallA did! Be COOL like RandallA and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only turn the A/V receiver off and on with the Directv remote. I agree with larryah, get a Harmony remote if you want to control both devices with one remote.

Post Thanks / Like
    It cant possibly be that hard to find a code or something to put in this remote to do that simple feature of changing inputs. Those harmony remotes are seriously expensive! $100+ wow.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! RandallA did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, RandallA did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, RandallA did! Be COOL like RandallA and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
    It cant possibly be that hard to find a code or something to put in this remote to do that simple feature of changing inputs. Those harmony remotes are seriously expensive! $100+ wow.
    You can find them cheaper on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    What make/model equipment are you wanting to control?
    Did you even go through the setup yet to try???

You can just go through the setup on a new receiver like an HR-24 and tell it what you have and it ought to work. I can do what you asked on my TV and AV after setting it up.
    Menu>Setup>System>Remote>Program>OK>...follow the instructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast