Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Controlling a sound bar with a Dish remote

Post Thanks / Like

Controlling a sound bar with a Dish remote

Has anyone been able to set up a sound bar with their LCD TV so that there is no need to use the sound bar's remote to control the volume? Dish tech support was of no help. Specifically, I want to use a 20.0 remote that came with my 222k to do this, if possible. I would like to control the sound bar volume/mute function through the Dish remote.

If someone has done this, please tell me what brand/model sound bar you used and what code worked for you.

Apologies if there has been another thread discussing this.

I would watch paint drying if it were in HD, and I had several beers.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a SONY TV with a SONY soundbar system. Lucky for me, the system uses BraviaSync. I just programmed the TV to the DISH remote, the TV automatically "synced" with the sound system and I'm good to go. Can you sync your soundbar with your TV to do this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichManitoba View Post
    I have a SONY TV with a SONY soundbar system. Lucky for me, the system uses BraviaSync. I just programmed the TV to the DISH remote, the TV automatically "synced" with the sound system and I'm good to go. Can you sync your soundbar with your TV to do this?
    Thanks for the reply. However, I have an LG TV and I spoke to the LG tech people who told me their sets will not accomodate even their own LG sound bar in the manner your Sony set does. That was dumb on their part since it would have induced people who bought LG TV's to buy the LG sound bar.

Anyway, a fellow on another site claims success using the 20.0 remote with a Vizio sound bar using a 633 code and the aux button. I didn't want to use a Vizio sound bar but I may buy one from a place like Walmart because they take things back rather easily if I can't make it work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on people. I would have thought this would be a popular topic. There must be a whole lot of people out there in Dish land that either have done this or would like to do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you read the owners manuel it will tell you how to program the Dish remote to devices that have no codes. Then it also tells you how to set the volume lock so the Dish remote controls the volume of te AUX device instead of the TV. As long as the Sound Bar doesn't use UHF signals to control it the 20.0 remote will control it.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    For sound bars, you need to get the 21.0 learning remote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast