Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish network cancellation fees

Post Thanks / Like

Dish network cancellation fees

So I switched from Directv to Dish Network 9 months ago. And I am not very happy with my decision at all. Part of it is because of Dish and part of it is because I didn't do my proper research. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

I received a letter in the mail from Directv that if I switched back they would pay my cancellation fees up to 200 dollars. So I thought might as well call into Dish and see just what my fee would be. They told me that an early termination for my account would be 420 dollars for my AT200 package, and because I signed up for HD free for life, another 240 dollars would be tacked onto that! So I would be looking at almost 700 dollars to cancel early! Why so ridiculously high? I was told when I signed up that it would be prorated to approximately 17 dollars a month per month left on my contract!

I am extremely mad at Dish now because I feel I was lied to about the terms of my contract. If these termination numbers are correct, I will stick out the contract, but once it's done, I'm gone and Dish will never see my business again!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    that is obscene

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call and ask again, or better yet, do a chat. It should be what the monthly termination was at the time multiplied by the the number of months left on your contract. That extra HD for life sounds completely off.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cosmo_kramer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cosmo_kramer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cosmo_kramer did! Be COOL like cosmo_kramer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully one of the DIRT staff here will be able to verify that for you...

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dahenny did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dahenny did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dahenny did! Be COOL like dahenny and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is OT, hahler2, but ever since I saw your name a few months back, I couldn't help but wonder if you are Bob Haller's brother. Bob had mentioned a while back that his brother was a member here. Are you the brother?
    Think You Might Sign Up for DISH? How about using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    WOOT WOOT!!!

ADG124528153 / ADP0019984041 / LAT086769667

To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The HD term fee is off. I read it as $10 for each month you had left on contract...so it would be $150 or so. But you think if he started with it there should only be one cancel fee....but its Dish so anything is possible
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast