Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to stop Dish Network DVR from turning itself off?

Post Thanks / Like

How to stop Dish Network DVR from turning itself off?

I have a Dish Network VIP722k HD receiver that I have running 2 tv's in my house. It is connected to my primary tv via hdmi cable. My problem is that I also have an xbox connected to that tv and whenever I change the input from "HDMI1" to "Component1" to use the xbox the Dish Receiver goes into standby and the person watching tv in the other room cant watch anymore. Does anyone know if there's a way to change some settings and make the receiver stay on even though its input is not selected on the primary tv? Thanks

Last edited by booyadan16; 04-26-2011 at 11:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have this problem with a 722 nor with a 612, both of which are connected via HDMI. The receivers basically never shut off completely (or even go into standby) when I switch inputs on the TVs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by booyadan16 View Post
    I have a Dish Network VIP722k HD receiver that I have running 2 tv's in my house. It is connected to my primary tv via hdmi cable. My problem is that I also have an xbox connected to that tv and whenever I change the input from "HDMI1" to "Component1" to use the xbox the Dish Receiver shuts itself off and the person watching tv in the other room cant watch anymore. Does anyone know if there's a way to change some settings and make the receiver stay on even though its input is not selected on the primary tv? Thanks
    I have the same setup as well.I have my 722 on my HDMI 1 INPUT and my XBOX on HDMI 2 INPUT.Sounds like you may need to go into the menu settings on your tv and /or your 722.It shouldnt be doing that.How many hdmi outputs do you have on your tv?

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I'll look through the settings and see if I can find anything. I have 2 HDMI inputs

Post Thanks / Like
    *EDIT
    Sorry, it goes into standby, it doesn't turn itself off, poor wording on my part.

I looked through my receiver settings but didnt really see anything that caught my eye. I saw that you can change the time period it takes for the receiver to go into standby but it was already set at 4 hours which is fine.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What brand of TV do you have?

I'm wondering if the TV has some sort of "HDMI control" (different brands call it different names, ie Samsung calls it Anynet).

Every time I've seen a problem with HDMI control, normally it's the receiver controlling the TV (such as turning it on when it does the nightly updates).
    Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
    DISH Internet Response Team
    Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11am-10pm MST. Off: Tues/Fri/Sat

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast